SG Talk

Full Version: Public EV charging will likely cost more for drivers due to new rules, operators say
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
🔋 Public EV charging will likely cost more for drivers due to new rules, operators say

Under the EV Charging Act, which took effect on Dec 8, new chargers must be registered with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) at a fee before they can be used. In addition, commercial charging service operators have to pay to be licensed by Dec 7, 2024.

READ: https://bit.ly/3Ngq08T

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates
The show haven't started yet. Wait till they treat it like water policy with taxes. Demand n supply excuse will added it more costly.
Carbon tax plus GST. Should have increased Liao to meet the 9% GST. Can some one confirm? I’m still burning fuel.
Heng ah...I got private EV charging installed... Big Grin
Pour oil and burn in engine vs Pour oil burn to generate electricity and store and then wait to discharge.

Which is cheaper?
(10-12-2023, 12:24 AM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Heng ah...I got private EV charging installed... Big Grin

Its not just about individual ownership of electricity bill charging fee, its about entire every household usage of electricity bills.
Who pay the EV public charging in petrol station ? ...
Majority have not switched to EV yet and they already increased this and that. Like that who want to switch to EV. Switch to EV may become more expensive than using petrol.
I have already said this Govt sure paint rosy picture and give you chicken wing 

Now, they are waiting for you at the slaughter house

上了 贼 船。

[Image: Welcome-to-Singapore.gif]

(10-12-2023, 01:29 AM)Ernesto Wrote: [ -> ]Its not just about individual ownership of electricity bill charging fee, its about entire every household usage of electricity bills.

The news is about new law for registering fee for Public EV charging point, not private ones.
(10-12-2023, 09:30 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]I have already said this Govt sure paint rosy picture and give you chicken wing 
Now, they are waiting for you at the slaughter house
上了 贼 船。

I think Gov has little choice given the plan to accelerate new public charging point across the Island.

As in any business and esp in the energy market like hydrocarbon-based suppliers , regulation and safety standard is one of the requirement as the service becomes more widely available to the rest.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...re-by-2030
(10-12-2023, 09:37 AM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]I think Gov has little choice given the plan to accelerate new public charging point across the Island.

As in any business and esp in the energy market like hydrocarbon-based suppliers , regulation and safety standard is one of the requirement as the service becomes more widely available to the rest.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...re-by-2030

There is two public..
one is public EV referring private car
another is public operators
No problem and do include space for taxable also please.
(10-12-2023, 09:31 AM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]The news is about new law for registering fee for Public EV charging point, not private ones.
I m just sharing in the near future what will happen.... on top what you r sharing.
add this add that. in.the end, still.pap.win. 
stupid right you ask yourself , why then we go EV.
If only charging take mins instead of hours, EVs then will be efficient.