SG Talk

Full Version: My USB C cable lasts 3-4 months then charging current drops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It takes 1 hour to charge my Samsung....afterburner a few months the charging cable deteriorates and phone reports takes 10hrs to fully charge.

A few months ago, due to an emergency situation.....I bought super over price cable from 7 eleven ....guess how much? $23 ...if you are iPhone user worse... the lightning cable one is $35!!

[Image: oR1G27p.jpg]

Because it was an emergency situation I paid the $23 so I can get my phone up using my power bank.

Told myself such high grade high quality cable costing $23 should last for years compared with $4 cables bought online.

4 months of use cable also deteriorate....same as the $4 one.

Never get jnto situation in which you need to buy electronic stuff from 7 Eleven...they chop you crazy!
Your charger support PD or not?
Expensive cable inside got a microchip lah.
This brand cable is cheap and good.
(15-12-2023, 01:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It takes 1 hour to charge my Samsung....afterburner a few months the charging cable deteriorates and phone reports takes 10hrs to fully charge.

A few months ago, due to an emergency situation.....I bought super over price cable from 7 eleven ....guess how much? $23 ...if you are iPhone user worse... the lightning cable one is $35!!

[Image: oR1G27p.jpg]

Because it was an emergency situation I paid the $23 so I can get my phone up using my power bank.

Told myself such high grade high quality cable costing $23 should last for years compared with $4 cables bought online.

4 months of use cable also deteriorate....same as the $4 one.

Never get jnto situation in which you need to buy electronic stuff from 7 Eleven...they chop you crazy!

mine is both the cable and the usb port on the phone also deteriorate 

mine need to change both the cable and the usb c pcb board inside the phone

change both myself cheaper

the pcb board cost $25 and the cable $15
If the message says it needs more than 2 hrs, pull out and put in the cable again, until it says less than 2 hrs.

Anyway it's time to throw it away and get a new one
Problem not with the cables but SAMSUNG BATTERIES!
(15-12-2023, 01:41 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Problem not with the cables but SAMSUNG BATTERIES!

Hahaha that's a good one.
It's with the cable. After replacing it, it's back to fast charging, no more 2hrs or more
(15-12-2023, 01:41 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Problem not with the cables but SAMSUNG BATTERIES!

Provided batteries bulging or swelling. Otherwise shd not be batteries issue.
(15-12-2023, 01:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha that's a good one.

It is cables. Mine same. Old cable damn slow charging, new cable super fast. Same phone