SG Talk

Full Version: Prodigy from an Aussie university at the age of 13 will study for a PhD next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A 13-year-old child prodigy born in Singapore became the youngest graduate in the history of the Australian National University.

When he was just one year old, he was diagnosed with global developmental delay and muscle weakness, and his parents were told that he might never be able to live independently.

"I was a premature baby, born at 32 weeks, and I stayed in the intensive care unit for ten days after birth. My parents kept crying, hoping that their son would survive."

Today, he is not only growing up healthily, but also has extraordinary achievements in music.

In NZ, he met Smith, a 96-year-old piano teacher, and started his musical journey. He said Smith not only taught him musical skills but also life skills. "Smith taught me not to just have a try mentality, but to work hard to do well and give 110% effort."

Now he plans to stay in Canberra and study for a PhD next year.

In 2022, he applied to study for an honorary degree at a university in Singapore, but was told that he was too young, but was accepted by a professor at the Australian National University.

https://news.seehua.com/post/1094736