SG Talk

Full Version: Ceiling fan falls apart and sends pieces flying, damaging Bidadari resident's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ceiling fan falls apart and sends pieces flying, damaging Bidadari resident's walls and windows

http://tinyurl.com/5h53je6x
The question is, who called in the the 3rd party installer. If it is home owner, then of coz suck thumb.

But from the way the article is written, the installer is from PO, so PO of coz is responsible for the faulty installation.

Home owner has a good chance to win the case..

Now settle, $5k+$xk. If go through court, will be $50k+$x0k.
This is why I don’t install ceiling fan at home.

I rather use Panasonic/KDK standing fan.
Good and lasting.
No no to ceiling fans...really scary and dangerous.
Wah this brand not cheap, same as panasonic/kdk, more than double of fanco
(26-12-2023, 10:16 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I don’t install ceiling fan at home.

Good and lasting.

KDK no joke. My living room is KDK ceiling fan already 30 years ++ still ok. Only once a while turn on if my relatives come.
Last time me and my parents got always turn on but later never use as our area quite windy when open door.
(26-12-2023, 10:53 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Wah this brand not cheap, same as panasonic/kdk, more than double of fanco

this one which drop down one is quite popular among current new home owners.
Bidadari

HDB HAUNTED CEMETERY
This is why quite hard to find good renovation contractors now a days. This fault obviously their renovation contractors never do properly. I doubt due to " nature " to cause it drop.

Next maybe due to the products , materials they use while doing renovation. Is not quality.

This is why you see those newly build BTO flats after one year or so , leak , crack on the wall appear.
For certain things, it's better to let the seller's installer do. Pay a bit more, but anything damaged or wrong, they're responsible and will rectify for you.

Like in case, the seller blamed the buyer's installer for improper installation
Never a fan of ceiling fan.

1. Cannot put my hands up in the air
2. Difficult to clean and service
3. Night time with lighting the ceiling like got shadows of helicopter flying.
[Image: Screenshot-20231227-005558-Gallery.jpg]

Not bad. Got wifi so can be turned on before you reach home
(27-12-2023, 12:37 AM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]Never a fan of ceiling fan.

1. Cannot put my hands up in the air
2. Difficult to clean and service
3. Night time with lighting the ceiling like got shadows of helicopter flying.

1.  You must be very tall if your hand can touch the blades. I can't wor

2.  Since you can touch the blades without needing to stand on a chair, what is so hard about wiping the blades? Compare this with fans that have a protective metal cover which must be removed and cleaned, a centee knob which must be unscrewed and clsaned, blades which must be pulled out for cleaning, the back protective cover which must be taken out for cleaning... That's very easy and less work?
(26-12-2023, 11:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is why quite hard to find good renovation contractors now a days. This fault obviously their renovation contractors never do properly. I doubt due to " nature " to cause it drop.

Next maybe due to the products , materials they use while doing renovation. Is not quality.

This is why you see those newly build BTO flats after one year or so , leak , crack on the wall appear.

Fixing ceiling fans are usually done by workers from Malaysia. Generally the job got done right so we don't hear about ceiling fans falling every other day.

The ceiling that's part of the construction work of the whole HDB block was likely done by Bangladeshis or Indians.

Problems happening after a few years or even one year is whose fault?

There's only one HDB. The staff working there during the 1970s have retired. Now those working there are another generation, the yoomers and zoomers. Don't they inspect as thoroughly? Do they compromise on quality?

I tend to lay blame on the current generation of HDB so-called officers for substandard workmanship.
Some developers are very considerate. They provide steel hooks at the fan/light points for securing fans and heavy lights. Not all would do that
(27-12-2023, 10:19 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]sgtalk.net/User-Oyk RAN OVER BY TRUCKS
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk WAIFU A WHORE
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk DIED ALONG ARAB ST
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk WAIFU FUCKED BY MEN
Oh, that sounds like a real ceiling fan nightmare! I hope everyone's okay after that unexpected chaos. Ceiling fans are supposed to keep us cool, not turn into wrecking balls. If anyone's still dealing with the aftermath, it might be a good idea to get in touch with a professional to assess the damage and make things right. If you're ever in the market for a more reliable and safer ceiling fan, I recently stumbled upon a modern ceiling fan company. They might have some insights on ensuring that your fan doesn't decide to take flight.
(26-12-2023, 09:11 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Ceiling fan falls apart and sends pieces flying, damaging Bidadari resident's walls and windows

http://tinyurl.com/5h53je6x

When I read your thread title, I was adding the word "head" after "resident's". "Luckily" the following words are "walls and windows".
(26-12-2023, 10:16 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I don’t install ceiling fan at home.

Good and lasting.

ceiling fan the most lasted for 3 yrs and after that need to replace.

standing fans cheaper and less problem.
All I have decided is I will not buy any product from this company- Point One Technology and PO Eco Fan EX Gale.

If they have agreed to the terms of paying $5000, they should honour it any not to turn around and label people as opportunistic! If they cannot afford to pay the amount, then they should not have agreed! As simple as that!