SG Talk

Full Version: MP Tan : My resident harrassed by debt collectors when insurance refused to pay..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Resident check and double check to make sure he was covered by insurance before admission.

Yet the insurance refuse to pay and hospital sent debt collectors to harass him for payment.

This is our medical system?

https://www.tiktok.com/@tanwumeng/video/...7865309442?
so what is the solution for the patient in this case? he still have debts outstanding and who is liable? talk is cheap by politician and got say like no say in this case!
Can you even believe the minister reply when she said if everyone has done what they were supposed to do this situation would have been avoided..??!!

The MP was asking what more can be done by the ministry to prevent such a situation

Surely if a person in need of medical treatment checked with hospital if his insurance covers the treatment...the hospital has to be responsible for the answer given!!!....Otherwise the hospital can say anything it wants and get away with it.
(30-12-2023, 05:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Resident check and double check to make sure he was covered by insurance before admission.

Yet the insurance refuse to pay and hospital sent debt collectors to harass him for payment.

This is our medical system?

the resident checked with the private hospital and private doctor only.
this is not the correct method.

the correct method is to check with the insurance company and get black and white.
"Which countries have the best free healthcare?

France.
Italy.
San Marino.
Singapore.
Japan.
Spain.
Malta.
Andorra."

https://www.google.com/search?q=country+...e+services&oq=country+best+and+free+HealthCare+services&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigAdIBCTI3MjI0ajBqNKgCALACAA&client=ms-android-oppo-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#:~:text=Which%20countries%20have,Andorra.
(30-12-2023, 07:09 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]the resident checked with the private hospital and private doctor only.

the correct method is to check with the insurance company and get black and white.

yes the surest way to confirm is to check w the insurance company n the insurance agent.
the insurance company website would also hv shown the appointed panel.
(30-12-2023, 05:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Resident check and double check to make sure he was covered by insurance before admission.

This is our medical system?push 
the lady minister reply is not the answer the mp n the patient needed
hers is just a std reply any person no need ministerial calibre can give this push away answer
First is to cheat you then ask for fat chicken. This surely sounds similar.
So what happens to the years of premiums paid??
(30-12-2023, 08:58 PM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]So what happens to the years of premiums paid??

Makan habis... sedap!
Buy insurance cannot cover, buy for F.
Must as well don’t buy.  Rotfl

Dont laugh!
The solution is the patient suck thumb.
Can the patient sue the doctor and hospital?
The solution is patient suay. Government bodies always get away with mistakes.

I remember sometimes back, iras hotline told me my stock trading losses can reduce tax.

Then they accuse me of evading tax, I play back the hotline message for iras to hear.

Then iras officer say sorry for hotline mistake to mislead me, but I still cannot deduct my trading losses.

Bravo to iras, their mistakes, we suffer.

If I know trading cannot deduct, I would have invest in real estate instead trading
Aiyo,,, it always been like that wan ma insurance chiak lang to survive. Big Grin
The corréct way is dont pay and sue the hospital for providing outdated info

And for fark sake, Parliament should mention the hospital name as there is nothing to be hidden if the MP is raising a resident's concern

Why hide such info?
which insurance company?
sounds like there is more to be told
(30-12-2023, 11:06 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]The solution is patient suay. Government bodies always get away with mistakes.

I remember sometimes back, iras hotline told me my stock trading losses can reduce tax.

Then they accuse me of evading tax, I play back the hotline message for iras to hear.

Then iras officer say sorry for hotline mistake to mislead me, but I still cannot deduct my trading losses.

Bravo to iras, their mistakes, we suffer.

If I know trading cannot deduct, I would have invest in real estate instead trading
Could be fake insurance company?    Confused
Recent months, those elderly died alone in hawker centre, void decks and inside HDB flat should complain to your MPs, why like that one?

Why you didn't bring it to Parliament?
She is a Total misfit in Parliament. The patient had already gone to MOH who made the patient go back to the doctor. I am amazed how air- headed she can be giving the wrong advice like both MOH and the private hospital doctor.
Typical jiak liao bee PAP amd govt authorities useless people...
(31-12-2023, 10:01 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]She is a Total misfit in Parliament. The patient had already gone to MOH who made the patient go back to the doctor. I am amazed how air- headed she can be giving the wrong advice like both MOH and the private hospital doctor.
Talking like singing song in parleemant All gone case type and useless.
(31-12-2023, 06:22 AM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]which insurance company?
sounds like there is more to be told
They shd divulge the insurance company name. So that everyone can avoid.
(30-12-2023, 07:09 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]the resident checked with the private hospital and private doctor only.

The agent who sold him the policy is the one most peepur would contact. We should have his or her card in our wallet and phone number in our Contact List.

Ask the doctor got fark use..  Rolleyes
(31-12-2023, 10:53 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]They shd divulge the insurance company name. So that everyone can avoid.

Don't jump to conclusions. You are already assuming that the insolan company is cheapo trying to wiggle out from paying.

1. Utmost goot fave. Did the client disclose preexisting condition (s) when he bought the policy?

2. Lifestyle. Vape lar, piak lar, get lung problem lar, get ghey rerated kkj dis-ease lar.. this huan will be a tipping point between can craim or cannot craim.

3. Etc...

So, you need to be given all the facts of the case and a brain and importantly good character to make a judgement. From past records you don't have all three.  Rolleyes
(31-12-2023, 10:01 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]She is a Total misfit in Parliament. The patient had already gone to MOH who made the patient go back to the doctor. I am amazed how air- headed she can be giving the wrong advice like both MOH and the private hospital doctor.

She treats it as a miscomm issue

Clearly it is not

She is saying "none of my business, u die ur own business"

SMH
(30-12-2023, 05:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Can you even believe the minister reply when she said if everyone has done what they were supposed to do this situation would have been avoided..??!!

The MP was asking what more can be done by the ministry to prevent such a situation

Surely if a person in need of medical treatment checked with hospital if his insurance covers the treatment...the hospital has to be responsible for the answer given!!!....Otherwise the hospital can say anything it wants and get away with it.

Shoot Blank Queen #3

Don't know but still must come out and Wayang to give stupid answers

She is so lazy to not find out the lapses and the solution

PM Lee hire another Hopeless Expensive Fake Antique.
(31-12-2023, 11:00 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The agent who sold him the policy is the one most peepur would contact. We should have his or her card in our wallet and phone number in our Contact List.

Ask the doctor got fark use..  Rolleyes

Likely Medishield Life Insurance under PAP

That is why the Sotong Princess said to refer to MOH

Also, the TikTok clip said that the private doctor & Clinic gave out-dated information 

Meaning that MOH website is also not updated, thus misleading all parties
(30-12-2023, 05:52 PM)Jinwului Wrote: [ -> ]so what is the solution for the patient in this case? he still have debts outstanding and who is liable? talk is cheap by politician and got say like no say in this case!
If insurance companybsay can then later cannot due to this and that, you think the patient can do anything?
You all too slow
Insurance cannot pay
whole system compromised
U go treatment u pay after so call deductions
get it u pay hospital the sum pile up
GET this noone pay u
U get lawYar ya u can file
singlion cannot tell u secret can KENA kanaCHEE.
(01-01-2024, 09:12 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Likely Medishield Life Insurance under PAP

That is why the Sotong Princess said to refer to MOH

Also, the TikTok clip said that the private doctor & Clinic gave out-dated information 

Meaning that MOH website is also not updated, thus misleading all parties

Medshield has a co-payment portion.  IIRC, everyone has to pay the first $2000 for any given policy year,  Beyond that amount, Medhshield Life will pick up the bill.
how else they so interested in URhealth
to get ur MONEY and then give u the walkAROUND
Pages: 1 2