SG Talk

Full Version: Stock Picks 2024: My EPL teams for the SGX’s Dragon Year season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my Blue Chip team for 2024….. I play a conservative 442 formation in these uncertain times, not so aggressive, defensive minded, but at the same time ready to attack when opportunities arise. That’s why I pack my team full of versatile midfielders, good in helping out the defend, but ready to attack at the same time

Goalie: SGX
Defenders: DBS, UOB, OCBC, Venture
Midfielders: YZKSH, Genting, CLI, Wilmar 
Forwards: Keppel, Sembcorp

Will post later why I choose this. You can laugh if you want, to each his own…..
Nice picks.

I would differ on the big banks as interest rate falls and aomewhere there will be recessions and banks usually come down alot.
Seatrium; Mermaid; Rex ; UniAsia & LHN....
This is my REITs team for 2024…. I believe, as what the black market expects, it will be the year of a resurgence REIT market, especially if the expected China reopens, the hospitality sector recovers, and if indeed the 5 rate cuts happen…. For this reason I pick an attack minded 433 formation……

Goalie: PLR
Defend: AIMS, KIT, FCT, FLT
Midfield: MIT, MLCT, MPAT
Attack: CLAS, CLAR, CICT

Again, you can choose to disagree, but don’t be vulgar, ok?…. I will give my views later of my picks, which are based partly on black market views and expectations ……. Believe or not believe, up to you, but to me the black market people are never wrong…
(31-12-2023, 10:43 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Seatrium; Mermaid; Rex ; UniAsia & LHN....

Yes, Seatrium definitely, and Mermaid and Uni maybe…..
I have some interesting views on them. Will discuss later…
I will have Seatrium in my mid to small cap team, but not Mermaid, which is worth a punt together with UniAsia
(31-12-2023, 10:32 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Nice picks.

I would differ on the big banks as interest rate falls and aomewhere there will be recessions and banks usually come down alot.

That’s why I have banks as defensive stocks in this current economic situation….. they won’t collapse, imo…. But you can’t punt them for quick bucks….. if you recall, the banks have been quietly and aggressively,in a sense , investing in other overseas banking stocks and institutions for the past few Covid years…. These will bear fruits eventually, if no nuclear wars…
My small to mid caps team of the year….. mainly based on potential multi baggers possibilities and recovery stories

Goalie: HLF (this one won’t collapse but won’t move either but is here because of a potential mega development)
Defend: ThaiBev (watch this and sister F&N closely, a big recovery story may happen), RM, SS, PD (is here because its property development is fruition, it will 100% double!)
Midfield: DM, SEA, (both potential multibaggers), YZJFH (dark horse, if bm decides to play)
Attack: UMS, Frencken, AEM (according to bm, there might be upcycle on the semi-con AGAIN, if it happens, it would be multi-phong attacks on all front, for UMS, a potential bonus share) (iFAST should be here but it moved too much already)….

There’s a mighty list of speculative stocks for 2024…..but will post only if bm people decide to play…… dyodd please.
(31-12-2023, 11:40 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]My small to mid caps team of the year….. mainly based on potential multi baggers possibilities and recovery stories

Goalie: HLF (this one won’t collapse but won’t move either but is here because of a potential mega development)
Defend: ThaiBev (watch this and sister F&N closely, a big recovery story may happen), RM, SS, PD (is here because its property development is fruition, it will 100% double!)
Midfield: DM, SEA, (both potential multibaggers), YZJFH (dark horse, if bm decides to play)
Attack: UMS, Frencken, AEM (according to bm, there might be upcycle on the semi-con AGAIN, if it happens, it would be multi-phong attacks on all front, for UMS, a potential bonus share) (iFAST should be here but it moved too much already)….

There’s a mighty list of speculative stocks for 2024…..but will post only if bm people decide to play…… dyodd please.

All okay but I don't see any that can double in 2024 from the list.

Only one with strong upside potential is Frencken.
My picks 

Low hanging fruit : Thai Bev, Genting
Cyclical Growth : Frencken.
High discount to assets : Ho Bee, Hong Fook, Yanlord.

Double potential : Intel

Multi baggers : Hua Medicine HK 2552, CSPC (HK 1093)
(31-12-2023, 11:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]My picks 

Low hanging fruit : Thai Bev, Genting
Cyclical Growth : Frencken.
High discount to assets : Ho Bee, Hong Fook, Yanlord.

Double potential : Intel

Multi baggers : Hua Medicine HK 2552, CSPC (HK 1093)

Hello?
Why must you post overseas stock, which humble locals here not interested?
Maybe 5354, but he always terkan you
I will support you on the first two, and throw in UMS, Golden Agri and Rex 
I don’t agree with your property stocks also although I still quite like slow turtle UOL
(31-12-2023, 11:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]All okay but I don't see any that can double in 2024 from the list.

Only one with strong upside potential is Frencken.

INTEL a semicon recovery play now engaging in production of AI micrprocessors supported by US /Israel government funding is a good pick.
Another good pick is AMD - expected to continue appreciating in 2024 just like Nvidia.
2023 draws to a close, it's time to review performance of Keppel DC REIT share. For many unitholders, 2023. Keppel DC REIT a data ctr REIT player swims in unchartered waters, confronting a slew of uncertainties and unfamiliar challenges. 1st, Keppel DC REIT>expelled from benchmark ST Index in  June-19 2023, just 3yrs after included in STI. Replacing Keppel DC REIT is Seatrium, who loss-making past 5yrs showing no sign of turning around till now. On this note, expulsion of Keppel DC REIT (a S-REIT) with strong track record, (profits) from STI come as a rude shock for many unitholders that nightmare arrived in 3rd quarter. On 16 Oct 2023, Keppel DC REIT unveiled a set of 3rd quarter business update that saw DPU declining 3.6% yoy to 2.492 cents per unit. Apparently, the increased in gross revenue from acquisitions could not rein in surging debt costs & rising electricity costs.

Market wasted no time in punishing Keppel DC REIT share price, which collapsed from $2.10 on 11 Oct-2023 to a dismal low of $1.70 on 30 Oct-2023.

Unitholders digesting 3-qtr performance, an ominous development unfolded, may potentially lead train-wreck for Keppel DC REIT share price in 2024 on 15 Dec 2023, it was revealed Keppel DC REIT issued a letter of demand to tenant of Guangdong Data Centres, Guangdong Bluesea Data Development Co., Ltd to recover sums in arrears to-date of RMB 48.3 million (equivalent to approximately $9.1 mil). To rub salt into wound, Bluesea rental default came hot on heel after 2022’s partial payment default by DXC Technology Svc at Keppel DC (S) 1. In 2022 saga, amount disputed was approximately $14.8 mil for 4-yr period,1 April 2021 & 31 March 2025.

Pls Note: Opinion are not meant to be a financial advice pls do your due diligence or advice from financial advisors b'4 investing in stock market.
(31-12-2023, 10:29 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]This is my Blue Chip team for 2024….. I play a conservative 442 formation in these uncertain times, not so aggressive, defensive minded, but at the same time ready to attack when opportunities arise. That’s why I pack my team full of versatile midfielders, good in helping out the defend, but ready to attack at the same time

Will post later why I choose this. You can laugh if you want, to each his own…..
I rather go wall street and buy msft  goog  meta or amzn.

i think goog is under value and msft is definitlely a buy for long term, they got pricing power and moat.
Or if one want to be safer buy a etf relate to the faang stock or like WB said a no brainer just buy the S&P 500..

In sillypore SGX however i still hold some DBS OCBC UOB and CDL, but they are little in % wise of my portfolio.

I wish SGX a good year too, since i am vested in the blue chip above.
If bm is right, tomorrow could see a major knee jerk reaction in the market. If it is true, we could the mini rally running to and through CNY .

China could be a massive catalyst this year. So it’s about taking position at the right time, but no risks no gains.
I put all into one single Stock. Happen to be in Bursa market
(31-12-2023, 10:29 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]This is my Blue Chip team for 2024….

My strike force….some news and views

Sembcorp Industries: Analysts See Continued Upside in Share Price in 2024 https://www.tipranks.com/news/global-mar...ce-in-2024

Keppel delivers higher shareholder returns in 2023 amid transformation efforts https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ke...on-efforts
(31-12-2023, 11:40 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]My small to mid caps team of the year…..

My midfield doing very well …. Tomorrow will be even better…..
Some news and views…

Shell Awards Contract for New Gulf of Mexico Platform to Seatrium  https://maritime-executive.com/arti...t-for-new-gulf-of-mexico-platform-to-seatrium  
https://www.upstreamonline.com/fiel...shells-ultra-deepwater-us-project/2-1-1577632
(31-12-2023, 11:40 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]My small to mid caps team of the year….. mainly based on potential multi baggers possibilities and recovery stories

I am confident it will go above 0.70, possibly 0.80 this year, if world economy recovery accelerates 

Thailand approves tax cuts on booze and night clubs to boost tourism https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...sm-4020711

Authorities expect excise tax losses to be offset by higher tourist spending
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2716918

Thailand, China to waive visa requirements for each other’s citizens from March 1 https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/...s/40034326

As I said before, Dyna-Mac makan so much, that it needs a bigger gut to digest…… they have already had agreement with two fellow industry companies to help in carrying out its big money order projects….Now it has another outlet to help out….. remember Frencken? It was a few cents, before it shot out to $2++++ Remember AEM? It was below a dollar until it shot out to $4 +++. Now, remember iFast? It was a dollar plus, before it shot up to almost $10, and even now it’s eight plus…… well, believe or not believe, this bugger will have the potential legs to run like one of the above ……. But dyoddd please

Dyna-Mac Acquires Exterran Offshore to Enhance Capabilities 

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...25-million

Goalie: HLF 
Defend: ThaiBev, RM, SS, PD
Midfield: DM, SEA, YZJFH 
Attack: UMS, Frencken, AEM (according to bm, there might be upcycle on the semi-con AGAIN, if it happens, it would be multi-phong attacks on all front)

(31-12-2023, 10:54 AM)LongXia Wrote: [ -> ]This is my REITs team for 2024…. I believe, as what the black market expects, it will be the year of a resurgence REIT market
Goalie: PLR
Defend: AIMS, KIT, FCT, FLT
Midfield: MIT, MLCT, MPAT
Attack: CLAS, CLAR, CICT

Analysts bullish on yen, US stocks, Reits and semiconductor plays as interest rates normalise

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/compani...iconductor