SG Talk

Full Version: Stablecoins. R they safe? Steady bom bi bi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry don't mind me asking.
Is they are stable and price don't change how does one make money from them?

If they merely map to USD or Euro, what is the advantage of holding them.?
USDC seem to be the better bet with 1:1 asset backing
Can consider staking your Stablecoin with Crypto.com app to earn interest up to 12%

http://tinyurl.com/cryptoglobalx
(21-11-2021, 01:23 PM)SgWinner Wrote: [ -> ]Can consider staking your Stablecoin with Crypto.com app to earn interest up to 12%

http://tinyurl.com/cryptoglobalx

This does not make sense where does the 12% return come from?
Digital Currency As Payment System

(21-11-2021, 01:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]This does not make sense where does the 12% return come from?

It comes from other crypto users who wants to take a stable coin loan but they use their other crypto assets as collateral and pay interests and also a mixture with various liquidity pools with high returns.
The returns are pretty sweet if you know where to farm yields ... I'm making 1.4k daily just on a liquidity pool

[Image: Screenshot-20211121-175455-280.png]
(21-11-2021, 02:52 PM)CyM17 Wrote: [ -> ]It comes from other crypto users who wants to take a stable coin loan but they use their other crypto assets as collateral and pay interests and also a mixture with various liquidity pools with high returns.

What are the risks?
(21-11-2021, 03:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]What are the risks?

put in few $k one won't  run road.
(21-11-2021, 02:52 PM)CyM17 Wrote: [ -> ]It comes from other crypto users who wants to take a stable coin loan but they use their other crypto assets as collateral and pay interests and also a mixture with various liquidity pools with high returns.

Quite smart. So these are whales sitting on stable coins while waiting to buy btc or eth or whatever when the time is right ?

But they have to pay much higher than 12%. Maybe it is to avoid gas fees?
(21-11-2021, 02:56 PM)CyM17 Wrote: [ -> ]The returns are pretty sweet if you know where to farm yields ... I'm making 1.4k daily just on a liquidity pool

For instance buy from Gemini n deposits into
Hodlnaut? Can d interests receive be more than one who paid for the price of cryptos?
(21-11-2021, 02:56 PM)CyM17 Wrote: [ -> ]The returns are pretty sweet if you know where to farm yields ... I'm making 1.4k daily just on a liquidity pool

Swee... tell us more, please
(21-11-2021, 03:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]What are the risks?

The risks are depending on the liquidity pools ... Liquidity pools exists because decentralize exchanges need to make sure any crypto has enough liquidity otherwise big whales can move the price a lot and create arbitrage...etc. if a crypto is not well known, created by lousy team, it can go to zero and you lose everything. Even USDT is huge risk because there is no solid backing..
(21-11-2021, 05:13 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]Swee... tell us more, please

Just search for liquidity pools and yield farming in YouTube to learn more. Currently I'm doing Jewel - One... It's a mix of Metaverse gamification plus Defi (two big and upcoming categories in crypto for this bull run).
Intel take it or leave it
says when all coins dropped XRP flies
like a coiled spring everyday tio jialat jialut LUTed
good to consider staking strategy for stablecoin