SG Talk

Full Version: Plastic bag use at supermarkets have dropped by up to 80% since
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Plastic bag use at supermarkets have dropped by up to 80% since mandatory charge

Supermarket operators have indicated that they intend to use the proceeds from the bag charge to support environmental or social causes, says Minister for Sustainability and the Environment Grace Fu.

🛍 https://tdy.sg/3NVK3tI

@todayonline
治标不治本.
This team style.
Never solve problem from the cause, but always solve from the outcome.
They never report rising purchase of plastic bags at online platforms... Rotfl
(10-01-2024, 11:32 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]They never report rising purchase of plastic bags at online platforms... Rotfl

More people buying from Shopee, Lazada, etc. so much cheaper

nudie
(10-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Stoki Wrote: [ -> ]More people buying from Shopee, Lazada, etc. so much cheaper

nudie
Especially when you buy in bulk, like few cartons....haha! Like that how to save earth? Laughing
Also more people taking free plastic sheets from supermarkets. You can take any amount and is free. Suppose to use the plastic sheets for fruits, etc
(10-01-2024, 11:42 AM)Stoki Wrote: [ -> ]Also more people taking free plastic sheets from supermarkets. You can take any amount and is free. Suppose to use the plastic sheets for fruits, etc

Yah...sometimes for light items, why not?
Less issue of plastic bags does not mean people use less of this item. Stupid logic by disgraceful. Forcing people to pay more for what stupid environmental issues. We do not stay long in this world. It’s only a temporary home during our short lifespan.
It doesn't make a dink of difference in saving the earth but add further burden to sinkees with their sweeping price hike in everything including essentials
Every time I bought something from Sheng Siong, the cashier would ask "要纸袋吗?“

I would correct her:

塑料袋
不是纸袋

Laughing
(10-01-2024, 12:38 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]This Forum May Have to Close Soon

Our Health Minister Ong Ye Kung 's name is smeared

[Image: S0LyC.png]

The impersonator, OYK will be in hot soup and possibly some implications on SgTalk
for allowing 'OYK' to be used.

What is the Penal Code 427 for impersonation in Singapore?
Varying Punishments For Different Counts Of Mischief

General punishment (s 426): Imprisonment of a maximum of 1 year OR a fine, OR both imprisonment and a fine. Committing mischief which causes loss or damage of $500 or more (s 427): Imprisonment of a maximum of 2 years OR a fine, OR both imprisonment and a fine.
(10-01-2024, 12:12 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]Less issue of plastic bags does not mean people use less of this item. Stupid logic by disgraceful. Forcing people to pay more for what stupid environmental issues. We do not stay long in this world. It’s only a temporary home during our short lifespan.

The quantity we use is very insignificant vis-a-vis that used in countries with far bigger populations for eg India and China.  We are doing this just to play our part even if it is just a very tiny little small part.

But you are right.  Thinking of the year 2100 is for those who have chewren and grandchewren.  If you are single, and have no chewren (born out of wedlock), why would you think so far ahead, to a period of time when you would be long dead?

Just use whatever plastic bags you need, to hell with climate change and whatever the hell is coming.

Same goes for the reserves.  We keep it for future generations, in case there is a future need to draw...this kind of virtue of saving makes no sense to a BBFA.  What future generations?  The grandchewren of sinkies who are so blessed to have them, or those of new citizens?  "Just distribute the whole damn reserves nao, and let me enjoy before I die" would make more sense to a BBFA.
(10-01-2024, 12:38 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]This Forum May Have to Close Soon

The impersonator, OYK will be in hot soup and possibly some implications on SgTalk

General punishment (s 426): Imprisonment of a maximum of 1 year OR a fine, OR both imprisonment and a fine. Committing mischief which causes loss or damage of $500 or more (s 427): Imprisonment of a maximum of 2 years OR a fine, OR both imprisonment and a fine.
(10-01-2024, 12:52 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]This Forum May Have to Close Soon

(10-01-2024, 12:44 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I bought something from Sheng Siong, the cashier would ask "要纸袋吗?“

I would correct her:

塑料袋
不是纸袋

Laughing

@ Oda Tetsuro

Thank you for the LIKE and for good measure, you added a repu for me.   Laughing

I wonder if the cashiers had been told to ask if customers wanted a "纸袋“ because Sheng Siong had bought so many crates of it that they would need 50 years to clear them all, if the usage dropped to a trickle. Rotfl
(10-01-2024, 01:50 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: qoT6cZC.jpg]
(10-01-2024, 11:28 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Plastic bag use at supermarkets have dropped by up to 80% since mandatory charge
Supermarket operators have indicated that they intend to use the proceeds from the bag charge to support environmental or social causes, says Minister for Sustainability and the Environment Grace Fu.

That is because shoppers like me use reusable bags when we go to the supermarket, but we are also forced to buy plastic bags to store our rubbish before throwing it down the chute. My actual usage remains the same if not more these days. In fact, the only change is that I spend more on plastic bags now!
(10-01-2024, 12:44 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I bought something from Sheng Siong, the cashier would ask "要纸袋吗?“

I would correct her:

塑料袋
不是纸袋

Laughing

You don’t know most Sinkies Chinese standard is half past six meh?

只有我们讲一粒。
是一个气球不是一粒气球。 Rotfl
中国人听了,都傻眼。
many banglahs dont know they have to pay 5cents for the plastic bags
thats why everything the casher ask if they want it
they always say yes
(10-01-2024, 11:38 AM)Stoki Wrote: [ -> ]More people buying from Shopee, Lazada, etc. so much cheaper

My office cleaner reported that more of his garbage bags have gone missing since this stupid rule was introduced! 
烧是动词。
我们却把它当成形容词来使用。

小心,水很烧。 Rotfl
(10-01-2024, 02:34 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]You don’t know most Sinkies Chinese standard is half past six meh?

只有我们讲一粒。
是一个气球不是一粒气球。 Rotfl
中国人听了,都傻眼。

Yalor. Like buying satay.

我要(买)十只 when it should be 我要十串。

晕。

Talking about language especially Chinese dialects, really miss the good old times chatting with late ponpokku in edmw.
(10-01-2024, 03:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Yalor. Like playing with my granddaughter

[Image: 7fDQUsP.gif]
(10-01-2024, 03:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Yalor. Like buying satay.
Talking about language especially Chinese dialects, really miss the good old times chatting with late ponpokku in edmw.

Another ex-EDMWer permanently banned for frivolous reasons like posting a photo of an overcrowded train in India, and accused of "mocking another race".  LOL!
the unhappiness in the heart no voice to talk. grow by 80% of 80% ie 64%.

so silly to impose such move.
without alternative like paper bag etc. just want to build inconvenient and more cost.
5cents nothing but one already see greedy merchant ride on with 10cents.
what next? politician should think about how to implement a good cause not always used money.
like that easy no need you.
(10-01-2024, 03:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Yalor. Like buying satay.

我要(买)十只 when it should be 我要十串。

晕。

Should be 十支lah.
Direct translation from Hokkien.
(10-01-2024, 05:19 PM)sclim Wrote: [ -> ] the unhappiness in the heart no voice to talk. grow by 80% of 80% ie 64%.

so silly to impose such move.
without alternative like paper bag etc.  just want to build inconvenient and more cost.
5cents nothing but one already see greedy merchant ride on with 10cents.
what next? politician should think about how to implement a good cause not always used money.
like that easy no need you.
154 media conducting phony surveys, garbagemen planning on increasing to 10 cents/plastiic  next.  NTUC Plastic bags some more getting thinner and thinner, must require 2 to hold anything of weight.....  Thumbs_down
Ask the politician to come out to explain why do it mandatory, stupid or not. Pap party also can pass this rule to made all suffered deserve to be voted out.
No wonder the Govt becomes Transparent on this topic 5 or 10 years later.
以前在超市买东西我需要2-3个纸袋,现在只需要一个或无。但家里装垃圾的纸袋永远用不完  Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2