SG Talk

Full Version: Life in S'pore can only get harder....here's why...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am talking about cost of living. So let's focus on this.
As cost of living goes up, Singapore citizens will struggle more to make ends meet. Agree?

Last Yr we saw a sharp rise in cost of living with housing prices, COE, transport (SimplyGo), hawker food etc all rising. If you get sick your medical bill is also much higher.

[Image: 61v9HVr.jpg]

It is routine now for public housing aka HDB to change hands at above 1M.

All this will not get better for the following reasons

1. The PAP will keep the population growing by importing people.

2. Such importation of people drives up cost of housing/transport and causes price to hike due to higher demand.

3. The PAP will continue  this policy.  It boosts revenue and profits of GLC(Govt linked companies) these are linked to PAP govt. It also shows up as GDP growth because workforce is increased by importing foreigners.

4. Ordinary Singaporeans will faced increasing competition for jobs as more foreign workers come in ti compete. This makes it more difficult to ask for a more decent salary.

5. This pushes Singaporeans to gig jobs like driving  Grab, delivering food and driving taxi becaise the PAP reserve the jobs for Singaporeans while foreigners access better paying jobs...

6. While the elites class and people working in top executives jobs do better each year the quality life of ordinary Singaporeans will decline.

The best thing we can do is be aware and adapt to the circumstances.

If anything I said is not accurate please feel free to point out and correct.

These are my honest thoughts based on the facts and what I observed over the years.
Its hard.lucky is hdb goes up in tandem. Those who need money can sell their unit.
The young one just have to be lucky in their job industry.
(21-01-2024, 09:20 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Its hard.lucky is hdb goes up in tandem. Those who need money can sell their unit.

Sell their units and live on the streets? Maybe for goose with 3 properties can take advantage to fetch high price.

Because you need to sell in order to benefit less that 0.5% benefit because that is how many actually sell their property to get cash.

But 100% of us need tk eat, take bus, see doctor...and are hit by higher costs.
(21-01-2024, 09:15 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I am talking about cost of living. So let's focus on this.
As cost of living goes up, Singapore citizens will struggle more to make ends meet. Agree?

Last Yr we saw a sharp rise in cost of living with housing prices, COE, transport (SimplyGo), hawker food etc all rising. If you get sick your medical bill is also much higher.

[Image: 61v9HVr.jpg]

It is routine now for public housing aka HDB to change hands at above 1M.

All this will not get better for the following reasons

1. The PAP will keep the population growing by importing people.

2. Such importation of people drives up cost of housing/transport and causes price to hike due to higher demand.

3. The PAP will continue  this policy.  It boosts revenue and profits of GLC(Govt linked companies) these are linked to PAP govt. It also shows up as GDP growth because workforce is increased by importing foreigners.

4. Ordinary Singaporeans will faced increasing competition for jobs as more foreign workers come in ti compete. This makes it more difficult to ask for a more decent salary.

5. This pushes Singaporeans to gig jobs like driving  Grab, delivering food and driving taxi becaise the PAP reserve the jobs for Singaporeans while foreigners access better paying jobs...

6. While the elites class and people working in top executives jobs do better each year the quality life of ordinary Singaporeans will decline.

The best thing we can do is be aware and adapt to the circumstances.

If anything I said is not accurate please feel free to point out and correct.

These are my honest thoughts based on the facts and what I observed over the years.

U ask govt not to import so much people to work and support the economy and don't grow the  population then u expect work force to keep shrinking and business move out cos there's no one to work? U don't work, u stay single, u don't contribute to Singapore and yet u want to benefit? Who can be more selfish than u?
Agree that it will get more difficult if you just sit at home and complain.
If there is a will, there is a way.
The worst is yet to come...you don know when a recession will hit and how long it will last..many jobs will be lost and more people will struggle...
(21-01-2024, 09:44 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]U ask govt not to import so much people to work and support the economy and don't grow the  population then u expect work force to keep shrinking and business move out cos there's no one to work? U don't work, u stay single, u don't contribute to Singapore and yet u want to benefit? Who can be more selfish than u?

Due to job insecurity and high cost of living many Singaporeans chose to remain single. Important consideration when getting married is whether you can afford a home.

This aspect is also not imporving for singaporeans.
(21-01-2024, 09:20 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Its hard.lucky is hdb goes up in tandem. Those who need money can sell their unit.

Cash converter.
坐而言,不如立而行
(21-01-2024, 09:56 AM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Agree that it will get more difficult if you just sit at home and complain.

I amsure there will be a minority that will do well regardless of circumstances due to their outstanding talents.

I am talking about ordinary people.

Anyway using will power to work harder to overcome...is doable but also mean you "struggle harder".
Sit and talk, might as well stand up and act
千里之行始於足下

老子《道德經》第64章

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

You must take the first step
(21-01-2024, 10:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Due to job insecurity and high cost of living many Singaporeans chose to remain single. Important consideration when getting married is whether you can afford a home.

This aspect is also not imporving for singaporeans.

U remain single because of own selfishness. U don't want responsibility that comes with having a family, u just want to live for yourself. Don't blame this blame that but never blame yourself. U r the root cause of u being single and not working today.
(21-01-2024, 10:08 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I amsure there will be a minority that will do well regardless of circumstances due to their outstanding talents.

I am talking about ordinary people.

Anyway using will power to work harder to overcome...is doable but also mean you "struggle harder".
Yes, I went through that. 
Out of school, on survival mode, took 3 jobs. No complain. Yet felt lucky I was able to overcome that very difficult situation. 
After that hurdle, you get to know more people, better experience, move on.. 
Focus on things that give value.
(21-01-2024, 10:19 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]U remain single because of own selfishness. U don't want responsibility that comes with having a family, u just want to live for yourself. Don't blame this blame that but never blame yourself. U r the root cause of u being single and not working today.

All he needs is his right hand...no need love, no need wife because all these come at a price!
(21-01-2024, 10:23 AM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I went through that. 
Out of school, on survival mode, took 3 jobs. No complain. Yet felt lucky I was able to overcome that very difficult situation. 
After that hurdle, you get to know more people, better experience, move on.. 
Focus on things that give value.

You are lucky to be able to take up 3 jobs. For me, one job and work more than 10 hours Mon to Fri and sometimes weekends with no OT pay. When come to retrenchment, out you go. No mercy in the corporate world.
(21-01-2024, 10:19 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]U remain single because of own selfishness. U don't want responsibility that comes with having a family, u just want to live for yourself. Don't blame this blame that but never blame yourself. U r the root cause of u being single and not working today.

You are a very illogical and stupid person to try to blame me for the cost of living increase that has been harming Singaoireans. I do not have the power to cause hawker price to go up, hosuing price to go up etc.  I DID NOT CAUSE THIS.

What you say is anyway irrelevant to the topic that "life will become harder for Singaporeans "

As for my personal choices...I already explain it is irresponsible to go and raise a family without fianncial means ...is that so hard to understand. If the family starve people will just attack you for starting a family when you are too poor.
(21-01-2024, 09:15 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]If anything I said is not accurate please feel free to point out and correct.

all your facts are accurate.

so far, no one in this forum says your facts are wrong.

they only comment on your personality.
Ah butt needs financial security...he needs to find a wealthy lady to married before he can start thinking about giving birth.. Big Grin
(21-01-2024, 09:15 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]If anything I said is not accurate please feel free to point out and correct.

you have mentioned the highest cost of living in Singapore.

if an employed person is facing the stress, what about an unemployed person ?

there is no monetary help or job provided for an unemployed person.

it is common for an unemployed person to be out of job for more than 6 months without any govt help.

only in Singapore, it is common for most foreigners to have jobs and many singaporeans to be unemployed due to open leg policy.

as Singapore goes high cost and jobs become limited due to high foreign population, PAP needs to do something for the unemployed.
(21-01-2024, 10:53 AM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Ah butt needs financial security...he needs to find a wealthy lady to married before he can start thinking about giving birth.. Big Grin

no need.

with foreign population growing faster than local population, jobs become limited.
like USA govt, PAP needs to guarantee jobs for singaporeans who wants to work.

with job, you can live in Singapore.
without job, you can only waiting to die in Singapore.
(21-01-2024, 10:49 AM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]all your facts are accurate.

so far, no one in this forum says your facts are wrong.

they only comment on your personality

So they make personal attacks.

Not unexpected.
(21-01-2024, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]You are a very illogical and stupid person to try to blame me for the cost of living increase that has been harming Singaoireans. I do not have the power to cause hawker price to go up, hosuing price to go up etc.  I DID NOT CAUSE THIS.

What you say is anyway irrelevant to the topic that "life will become harder for Singaporeans "

As for my personal choices...I already explain it is irresponsible to go and raise a family without fianncial means ...is that so hard to understand. If the family starve people will just attack you for starting a family when you are too poor.

You are part of a group of selfish people who remain single never contribute to Singapore population growth, not working and yet have the cheek to say govt should not import labour and this and that. You are part of the root cause. Yes, it's YOU YOU and YOU. Don't keep trying to talk your way out, blame other factors so as to make yourself feel better. It's YOU.  Laughing
let face the facts.

since LKY until now, PAP cannot grow local population.
PAP can only grow foreign population and turn some of them into Singaporeans.

since foreign population are growing and they are here for local jobs, it means there will be less jobs for Singaporeans.
it also mean more singaporeans will be unemployed.

PAP needs to guarantee jobs for Singaporeans who want to work if PAP wants to continue to grow foreign populaion.

my latest feedback from PMETs, the govt is ignoring unemployed PMETs.
the govt is focusing on helping fresh graduates to be trained and get jobs.
(21-01-2024, 11:05 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]You are part of a group of selfish people who remain single never contribute to Singapore population growth, not working and yet have the cheek to say govt should not import labour and this and that. You are part of the root cause. Yes, it's YOU YOU and YOU. Don't keep trying to talk your way out, blame other factors so as to make yourself feel better. It's YOU.  Laughing

First of all prior to pandemic I had a business and before that I work at fast food.
Last  I applied for job but the pay was too low. To broadly say that i am part of a group when everyone faces different circumstances is not right.

Your assertion that people are selfish unless they get married and have children  is absurd. Most o the time they want to get married but struggle to even support themselves due to Hugh cost of living.

Call people selfish because they are single is not right...just because people get married and have children they are not selfish? So in malayisa they are less selfish because more people get married and have children.

This is rubbish logic.
If cost of living is getting higher...go overseas like Vietnam or thailand where the cost of living is lower...

If I were you..Still single..I will bring my strong currency to other countries and see any opportunities out there...then find a lady settle down there..it beats sitting and stagnating at home..there is no way to combat inflation here...it is either you get out of here or buckle up!
(21-01-2024, 11:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]So they make personal attacks.

Not unexpected.

it is easier to attack your personality than to suggest solutions to your problems.

only PAP or 60% can solve your mentioned problems .

of course, you can become rich and solve your own problems.
what about those singaporeans who continue to have such problems ?
you cannot expect everyone to become rich.
also you cannot expect everyone to become employed unless PAP guarantees jobs.
(21-01-2024, 09:56 AM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Agree that it will get more difficult if you just sit at home and complain.

We are lucky that PM Lee will be gone

His Will does not have more than 5 ways

Even Tourism is taking a bow out
(21-01-2024, 11:03 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]So they make personal attacks.

Not unexpected.

Just let nature take its course.
Once PAP votes drop to 51 percent, your problems will be solved.
It happened many times in many countries, Singapore is no exception
sgbutt not happy can migrate to motherland India...
Pages: 1 2