SG Talk

Full Version: Housework may promote health in old age, study suggests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Housework may promote health in old age, study suggests
Researchers found chores could help prevent disease and falls, though other experts have urged caution

Household chores might seem a drag, but researchers have suggested tasks like dusting, scrubbing floors and washing the windows might help adults to stay healthy into old age.

Writing in the journal BMJ Open, a Singapore-based team of researchers said regular physical activity “improves physical and mental health, mitigates the risks and effects of chronic diseases, and reduces falls, immobility, dependency and mortality among older adults”.

The team randomly recruited adults from the town of Yishun in Singapore, and asked them to complete cognitive function tests as well as activities to assess their physical capabilities, such as standing up from a chair as quickly as they could.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021...y-suggests
This is very true. I did lots of such houseworks. Sweat it out and enjoy it.
Collect cardboard and swim in river..
Those old folks who want to be healthy can contact me. I got free housework for them to do Wink
I can tell you the same thing without a study!
No wonder female live longer than male.
Pick cardboard is the best.
I concur. I let my parents do most stuffs. You see those others already in dementia or mind slow like snails liao.
like that earn so much money for what hire maids, driver , houseman
(23-11-2021, 02:31 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]This is very true. I did lots of such houseworks. Sweat it out and enjoy it.

OK  I will start to volunteer cleaning the windows and washing the toilets.... Big Grin
so the pap ministers wife too free..never do housework
so are dying early
eg..lim swee say and teo chee hean wife all die before 70
Dun expect bbfas to do housework