SG Talk

Full Version: New HDB estate with 5,000 flats to be built in Mt Pleasant at Old Police Academy site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cheryl Lin

23 Nov 2021 03:00PM
(Updated: 23 Nov 2021 03:14PM)

• About 5,000 new HDB flats will be built in a 33-hectare housing estate, largely at the site of the Old Police Academy.

• The area's "rich tapestry of nature and heritage" will be woven into the new estate, said authorities.
  • Authorities "plan to propose conserving" six buildings from the site.
  • Some plans were adjusted based on environmental impact study findings.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-2332491
In singapore almost every area also a special n unique spot the govt can call it...
(23-11-2021, 03:34 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]In singapore almost every area also a special n unique spot the govt can call it...

4 rm bto at least 600k by then
(23-11-2021, 03:38 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]4 rm bto at least 600k by then

How can the younger generation afford to buy them.... crying
Should be another hot estate. Mt Pleasant MRT station right in the middle.
(23-11-2021, 03:59 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]Should be another hot estate. Mt Pleasant MRT station right in the middle.

Yeah. Central location too. Just next to TPY and NW of Novena. Also can go MacRitchie easily.
(23-11-2021, 04:49 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. Central location too. Just next to TPY and NW of Novena. Also can go MacRitchie easily.

Go MacRitchie for jogging/brisk walking....very convenient.. nudie
(23-11-2021, 04:53 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Go MacRitchie for jogging/brisk walking....very convenient.. nudie

Not that convenient. Need to take bus to get there. Think 2-3 stops (2 on there way there and 3 on the way back).
(23-11-2021, 05:01 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Not that convenient. Need to take bus to get there. Think 2-3 stops (2 on there way there and 3 on the way back).

Thanks for the info.... Clapping
lo that area is not say good.

In front is mega expressway , I doubt you stay the highest level will not heard any noise maybe a bit provided you install sound proof windows.

May be can see Orchard road , town area depend which block facing at.

the nearest market ? etc? you have to take bus go TPY central
(23-11-2021, 05:01 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Not that convenient. Need to take bus to get there. Think 2-3 stops (2 on there way there and 3 on the way back).

not a problem, since going there for jogging, might as well jog there, 10 min only.
(23-11-2021, 05:23 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]not a problem, since going there for jogging, might as well jog there, 10 min only.

Depends on individuals I guess. For me, I never jogged along main roads as that makes me act like a vacuum cleaner breathing in car exhaust. Some people don't mind breathing in car exhaust can do that.
(23-11-2021, 08:07 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on individuals I guess. For me, I never jogged along main roads as that makes me act like a vacuum cleaner breathing in car exhaust. Some people don't mind breathing in car exhaust can do that.

Quite true, jogging along main roads will make one breathe in car exhaust.  Whilst if one were to jog in MacRitche reservoir, one will be able to breathe in oxygen from the trees there.... Clapping
(23-11-2021, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]How can the younger generation afford to buy them.... crying

PAP voters will tell you they can
No wonder someone sold away his properties nearby that recently.
What will happen to those perpetual residents at Mount Pleasant.
(23-11-2021, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]How can the younger generation afford to buy them.... crying

Very unaffordable for young couple and PIE is damn noisy...
Spacious void decks r foregone conclusion 🙄