SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore economy grew 14% yoy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SINGAPORE: The Singapore economy grew 14.3 per cent year-on-year in the second quarter of this year, largely due to a low base in the same period last year when a COVID-19 "circuit breaker" was implemented, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said on Wednesday (Jul 14).

The advance estimates for the second quarter, which are computed largely from data gathered in the first two months of the quarter, was much faster than the growth of 1.3 per cent in the preceding quarter.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...9-15216382
Realli ah?
Pump in additional 100B SGD,
the growth only so little 14.3%?
If minus the 100B budgets, what will be the actual GDP?

2019 GDP is about 370B USD
2020 GDP is about 340B USD?
2021 GDP ?
Don't be too happy, they already told you it's because of the low base last year. If every year you earn $10 then one year you earn $1. Next year you earn $2 you also have 100% growth.
Dun understand how the economy can grow 14 percent when I noticed more businesses closed shop and more people unemployed. ........ Huh
It is a transition from cleaning us out and replacing it with them guarding the hen house.
Today it got worse. A day b4 I went to simlim to get HDMI 2.1 with ethernet for my project of e-arc ethernet.
My app failled me could not compute so went back empty. I checked bluetooth ok wording ok but no green light.
I wonder why. Check and check mobile on data bluetooth. At last I saw they ready for me. No vaccination no report of contact with virus activated(off) no temperature taken this might be due to wifi off.
This morning went to breakfast hold and behold hawkers got barricaded with sensors.
Aha i could now check one by one. Wifi on mobile data on app activated. Sensor turned Green
They also become tricky.
They report 21% of 70y old and above not vaccinated.
If the news doesn't benefit you then it is nothing to rejoice over. Just like you read in the news which billionaire has just added another few billions to his fortune.
High gdp low gdh?