SG Talk

Full Version: Woman in shock after transferring $1k via PayNow to wrong person
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woman in shock after transferring $1k via PayNow to wrong person, seeks recipient to get money back

http://tinyurl.com/49a66c4a
(30-01-2024, 11:43 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Woman in shock after transferring $1k via PayNow to wrong person, seeks recipient to get money back

Always double confirm before transferring any money to any other party.  What is the hurry?
Small issue. Call the bank to settle.
Shocked by her own stupidity. 😅
She probably transfer such amounts regularly. Otherwise, any normal person would have checked the name that shows up.
Small matter
This payment system is not idiotproof....any idiot like her can make this mistake.
happened before, call police, the police will inform the wrong recipient
to return the money or be charged stealing

if the police didnt inform, the recipient are not at fault

when the police informed, they will be considered stealing if they dun return
(30-01-2024, 01:43 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]This payment system is not idiotproof....any idiot like her can make this mistake.

Between individuals, you can PN the recipient either by scanning his QR or typing in his mobile number.

The last one can be tricky. I had received calls meant for someone else whose mobile number sounded like mine, for eg 1218 vs 2128. Or 1318 vs 3138
will police get invloved?

she claims its a mistake
other person may say something else
SO WHAT IS THE BEST RECEIPENT DETAILS TO ENTER B4 TRF 
IS IT HP NR, acct nr  FULL NAME OR PAYNOW NICKNAME OR ID NR

funny once a company wants my paynow nickname instead of my acct nr or full name or hp nr
(30-01-2024, 01:49 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]happened before, call police, the police will inform the wrong recipient to return the money or be charged stealing 
if the police didnt inform, the recipient are not at fault when the police informed, they will be considered stealing if they dun return

It may be done by involving the police.  My son made such a mistake before, but the other party gave him the run around and even hurled vulgarities at him, so he made a police report.  After the cops contacted the culprit, he transferred the money back to my son. 
(30-01-2024, 02:52 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]It may be done by involving the police.  My son made such a mistake before, but the other party gave him the run around and even hurled vulgarities at him, so he made a police report.  After the cops contacted the culprit, he transferred the money back to my son. 
This is the best approach. Receiving money that does not belong to him/her is a crime.
(30-01-2024, 02:52 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]SO WHAT IS THE BEST RECEIPENT DETAILS TO ENTER B4 TRF 
IS IT HP NR, acct nr  FULL NAME OR PAYNOW NICKNAME OR ID NR

funny once a company wants my paynow nickname instead of my acct nr or full name or hp nr
Paynow is no longer safe anymore. It is direct debit from yr acct whereby you need to enter PW and user ID. Once yr Android phone is embedded with virus spyware, scammer wil know yr banking credentials. Whereas Paylah is very safe and only lost that sum of money in that PayLah wallet.
(30-01-2024, 11:43 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Woman in shock after transferring $1k via PayNow to wrong person, seeks recipient to get money back

http://tinyurl.com/49a66c4a

imagine the recipient's shock of receiving the 1000 bucks...............he/she might think it's from a loanshark..............the woman sender should send more money to the recipient in compensation......... Cool
(30-01-2024, 03:11 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Paynow is no longer safe anymore. It is direct debit from yr acct whereby you need to enter PW and user ID. Once yr Android phone is embedded with virus spyware, scammer wil know yr banking credentials. Whereas Paylah is very safe and only lost that sum of money in that PayLah wallet.

You go to the bank with physical cash to top up your Paylah????

Or you transfer money into it via mobile banking?  This means a spyware can capture your user account name and p/w, all the same.  How is that safe?   Rolleyes
(30-01-2024, 04:33 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]imagine the recipient's shock of receiving the 1000 bucks...............he/she might think it's from a loanshark..............the woman sender should send more money to the recipient in compensation......... Cool

I would love to get some shocks of this kind.   Rotfl
Careless is like that lah
If have friend work in the bank can easily check the address...last time I had a gf working in dbs as rm..free time I go to her room and sit...want to check who and who..v v easy! Big Grin
(30-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]I am....
[Image: SCHVQ.gif]
(30-01-2024, 07:25 PM)KILLjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Whole night my mother no business

Her meow meow so old already, Some more that ah pek the other day come out told everybody her meow meow very smelly wor. 还有人要meh?叫她回家吧! Rotfl
(30-01-2024, 09:44 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Her meow meow so old already, Some more that ah pek the other day come out told everybody her meow meow very smelly wor. 还有人要meh?叫她回家吧! Rotfl

only capable of editing post and nothing else

pathetic smartass
(30-01-2024, 09:44 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: SCHVu.png]
(30-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: SCHVu.png]