SG Talk

Full Version: Is private tuition inevitable for students nowadays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is private tuition inevitable for students nowadays? While a China-like ban may not work, Singapore can still find ways to reduce the overreliance on the industry, say two academics. Read the commentary: https://cna.asia/3u4F9DY
Never had the luxury of tuition as my mum deemed too expensive.

In my younger days I hated studying.  Prefer to chase skirts and lepak. My dad is easy going and borchup.  But my mum gave me hell. 

So no choice always resort to last minute studying.  Even at the last hour on the bus to take the exams. 

Luckily I always managed to scrape thru by the skin of my teeth to just meet the minimum stds, all the way to uni days Laughing
(30-01-2024, 07:09 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Never had the luxury of tuition as my mum deemed too expensive.

In my younger days I hated studying.  Prefer to chase skirts and lepak. My dad is easy going and borchup.  But my mum gave me hell. 

So no choice always resort to last minute studying.  Even at the last hour on the bus to take the exams. 

Luckily I always managed to scrape thru by the skin of my teeth to just meet the minimum stds, all the way to uni days Laughing

Common saying is parents no educated their sons dotters also follow same cannot study. Around me real life cases I see quite true close to 90% is like that. The rare 10% is study until Uni with uneducated parents but is minority.

My definition of uneducated is at least study until Primary 6 that kind. Very early become father mother as explore earlier becuz no study to occupy time so explore bang bang lor
That's why those with more money will tend to fare better in their studies.
singapur is a shïtty place to be in anyway especailly for the kids