SG Talk

Full Version: Why is bak kwa so expensive during the Chinese New Year season in Singapore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is bak kwa so expensive during the Chinese New Year season in Singapore? πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²

What determines how much bak kwa ("dried meat") – a Chinese New Year delicacy – cost in Singapore?

➑️ Prices of bak kwa from popular brands in Singapore

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-is...09870.html

Share. Follow
@YahooSingapore
top reason is import

literally most foods in SG are import thus no choice suck thumb have to endure the price hike.

my uncle at least reasonable he not greedy when he sell to locals since he import meat from Aust , USA Smile unlike others trying to ride the wave

this is why some earn a lot.

but also have to see those individual sellers who get the supply. My Uncle he can afford to sell cheap to sellers but down to sellers they want to increase how much to sell is their own choice, this is why some seller sell expensive some not greedy since supply sell to them is never increase much thus they can sell cheaper.

This is why I see some hawker is BS keep claiming supply expensive so need to increase price, hello there are so many supplier , of course each supplier offer different price.

why some hawker never increase much because they can find the same quality stuffs from cheaper supplier.
I don’t buy usually got foc bk
JB got quite a lot. Didn't see that price as I have given up on eating BK. After eating, the next few days, the gum will be painful.
(30-01-2024, 07:24 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]JB got quite a lot. Didn't see that price as I have given up on eating BK. After eating, the next few days, the gum will be painful.

Cannot bring in to sg
Whole year and they only have 1 month or so to make money....of cos sure jack up the price..just like a python after consuming a large prey..it can don eat for a year!
(30-01-2024, 07:02 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Why is bak kwa so expensive during the Chinese New Year season in Singapore? πŸ’²πŸ’²πŸ’²

What determines how much bak kwa ("dried meat") – a Chinese New Year delicacy – cost in Singapore?

➑️ Prices of bak kwa from popular brands in Singapore

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-is...09870.html

Share. Follow
@YahooSingapore

Only once a year lah! Big GrinΒ Other days I won't eat lah!