SG Talk

Full Version: Are we now in Recession?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Sept 2023, PM Lee said no. But now is different. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/sin...an-3753561
(08-02-2024, 06:59 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]In Sept 2023, PM Lee said no. But now is different. 

skirting in a rtecession
n will be felt more after then next few mths when more n more are retrenched
that why ntuc is now  worried
did u not see the sad face of the chief ?
Worldwide recession cannot be escaped. It is difficult for the government to use hands and legs.
Smile never listen local politicians end of the day they also see how global situation go.
I am sure they will cover, seal and cement such news just like past few rounds

but internet says here is the tell tale signs:

1) Widespread unemployment
2) Falling retail sales
3) Negative GDP growth
4) Declining manufacturing
(08-02-2024, 09:03 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure they will cover, seal and cement such news just like past few rounds

2) Falling retail sales
3) Negative GDP growth
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
My property fren.said sales slow down
(08-02-2024, 06:59 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]In Sept 2023, PM Lee said no. But now is different. 

[Image: mBA5p.gif]
(08-02-2024, 09:11 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ][Image: mBA5p.gif]

This is really what he said?

Prata can become rojak

sibei worldclass
(08-02-2024, 09:23 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]This is really what he said?
Prata can become rojak
sibei worldclass

he talk a lot
but not like his father
his talks hold no water

LKY talk everyone listen attentively

he talk all .....

[Image: 241304665_10165808541830464_7471565347889162130_n.jpeg]
(08-02-2024, 07:23 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Worldwide recession cannot be escaped. It is difficult for the government to use hands and legs.

a major part of spore coming recession is self inflicted by pap
They create the mess, Sg core is eroded day by day. A tourist in our homeland.
Chasing artificial growth won’t sustain at all.
物极必反。
(08-02-2024, 09:03 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure they will cover, seal and cement such news just like past few rounds

2) Falling retail sales
3) Negative GDP growth

Actually Govt is current ownself create jobs inside their public sectors, stat boards indirectly to make it " look nicer come local employment ".

Negative side is This is why Govt need to venture new things to get Extra money to pay to these Extra new civil servants on top with so many currently ones inside who are in their 40s above. Don't forget the yearly mid and year end bonus and increments for them.

this is why , this increase, that increase.
Where got recession? All restaurants are fully booked for CNY dinner. Banks were all very crowded with Singaporeans queuing to change new notes for angpows. All supermarkets were cramped with people buying CNY goodies. No sign or air of recession can be felt.     Big Grin
(08-02-2024, 09:25 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]he talk a lot
but not like his father
his talks hold no water

LKY talk everyone listen attentively

he talk all .....

[Image: 241304665_10165808541830464_7471565347889162130_n.jpeg]

they are meditating,, dont disturb them,,

i think they are in the 8 jhana.. could be 10 jhana higher than Buddha.. dont play play hor..
Any of you got updates from relatives/ friend about bad news last few weeks?
My workplace already started in Jan 2024

But I don't even know until recently when one of my closer colleagues kena

Maybe others will start after CNY in March 2024??
But public sector still have increment
(08-02-2024, 11:47 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Where got recession? All restaurants are fully booked for CNY dinner. Banks were all very crowded with Singaporeans queuing to change new notes for angpows. All supermarkets were cramped with people buying CNY goodies. No sign or air of recession can be felt.     Big Grin

Even CNY many coffee shops increases more than 20 percent but still crowded leh
(08-02-2024, 09:59 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]They create the mess, Sg core is eroded day by day. A tourist in our homeland.
Chasing artificial growth won’t sustain at all.
物极必反。

This week, I went to talk to many people

Those Departments with small groups of FTs from different countries ie mix of Korea, Pinoy, HK, Indonesian, Malaysian

the Ang- moh Heads has slowly retrenched around 5% of them
But got one Non- IT Department, hire all CECAs and eat up all the Diversity Ratio

so far, he did not retrench any of his CECA

nor transfer them back to India

nothing last year nor this year!
These economic indicators are getting loud and clear. Yet MP Tan SL rejected Retrenchment benefits for us. Since he cannot support nor help us, there is no reason to vote for him.
I remember when we had recession years ago

one job opening had a few hundreds of applicants

NOW- I see the trend starting again.

[Image: Career-Future-Job-Applications-18-Mar-2024.jpg]
the only silver lining now is pap dares not to hike ministers mayors n mp salary
is now in amber light to recession
then SURELY n SLOWLY follow by red colour to full recession
cant escape
U all better off sell yr stock. Even if it is in losses. In a recession stock can sink even more so is yr losses. 

Best sell now n wait for one of the bottom. Otherwise I will wait for a long time just to bro even. 

Best buy gold n Bitcoin.
(18-03-2024, 09:23 PM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]U all better off sell yr stock. Even if it is in losses. In a recession stock can sink even more so is yr losses. 

Best sell now n wait for one of the bottom. Otherwise I will wait for a long time just to bro even. 

Best buy gold n Bitcoin.

Buy Bonds as interest rates drop.
(18-03-2024, 09:23 PM)victortan Wrote: [ -> ]U all better off sell yr stock. Even if it is in losses. In a recession stock can sink even more so is yr losses. 

Best buy gold n Bitcoin.
Bitcoin looks like sinking leh.
This year will hold election mah, tell you economy no good so you'll vote for a stable govt. After election, they'll tell you economy is very good so they deserve a pay increment.