SG Talk

Full Version: PAP : Reserves not big enough...hospitals have enough beds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The PAP rather keep the money than use it to benefit Singaporeans.

Take the example of.hospital.beds. My neighbor sent his lmother to hospital and was put on waiting list because there was no bed. Was in "holding area" .

These are old folks and we are notbdoing something for them when they are very ill.
(09-02-2024, 07:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The PAP rather keep the money than use it to benefit Singaporeans. Take the example of.hospital.beds. My neighbor sent his lkther to hospital and was put on waiting list because there was no bed. Was in "holding area" . These are old folks and we are notbdoing something for them when they are very ill.

I had gallbladder surgery at a restructured hospital last year, but there was no available bed.  As such, the surgeon discharged me that same day i.e. it became a day surgery case.  However, I was feeling faint and in danger of passing out at the carpark.  My spouse rushed me back to the A&E.  As there were no beds, I was held in the holding area for the night and discharged before noon the following day. As my case was classified as outpatient, I could not claim from my insurance. This is how disorganised public sector hospitals are. SG does not have the healthcare capacity to  serve 6 million residents!
(09-02-2024, 08:15 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]I had gallbladder surgery at a restructured hospital last year, but there was no available bed.  As such, the surgeon discharged me that same day i.e. it became a day surgery case.  However, I was feeling faint and in danger of passing out at the carpark.  My spouse rushed me back to the A&E.  As there were no beds, I was held in the holding area for the night and discharged before noon the following day. As my case was classified as outpatient, I could not claim from my insurance. This is how disorganised public sector hospitals are. SG does not have the healthcare capacity to  serve 6 million residents!

Thanks for sharing your real experience.

Many are not aware of the situation
Totally disappointed
The Govt hv bad foresight and poor management planning. If their objectives is to increase population and pursuing more PR turning citizens, then they shd look into critical juncture of building more hospitals. What is the point of having so much reserves when critical infrastructures are lacking? A total failure.
(09-02-2024, 07:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The PAP rather keep the money than use it to benefit Singaporeans.

Take the example of.hospital.beds. My neighbor sent his lmother to hospital and was put on waiting list because there was no bed. Was in "holding area" .

These are old folks and we are notbdoing something for them when they are very ill.

You're advised to join Healthier SG and Healthy 365 lah! Big Grin Download the apps and go for a swim lah!
(09-02-2024, 09:12 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]You're advised to join Healthier SG and Healthy 365 lah! Big Grin Download the apps and go for a swim lah!
Bro, I hv been swimming everyday for the past 40 years. But, I don’t jog or gym.
(09-02-2024, 09:45 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Bro, I hv been swimming everyday for the past 40 years. But, I don’t jog or gym.

They have gym also lah! Big Grin Go for zumba lah!
(09-02-2024, 09:12 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]You're advised to join Healthier SG and Healthy 365 lah! Big Grin Download the apps and go for a swim lah!

This is a crap apps lah. Workout like shit only max 30 points daily. Need at least 1500 points to redeem $1 ?
(09-02-2024, 09:57 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a crap apps lah. Workout like shit only max 30 points daily. Need at least 1500 points to redeem $1 ?

Just walk 10000 steps can liao lah! Big Grin
(09-02-2024, 09:47 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]They have gym also lah! Big Grin Go for zumba lah!

Go Zumba and see bouncing melons ah  Laughing
Some of their areas can be reduced.

Book an appointment at a polyclinic cannot succeed in booking online. Go there and book. Luckily non-peak periods few people.

The doctor says blood test and do a referral for scanning. The doctor says the blood test is their standard requirement.

After the blood test comes another day for the report. Come another day, they say have to book an appointment for the doctor.

I skip this part. Goto hospital. Wah, no parking space and the only available one is super far away.

Doctor like in a hurry come in. Can also check my blood test results online. Maybe they are linked. Ask what is my concern, if they scan nothing just forget about it. Book an appointment.

Goto appointment counter to book an appointment for scanning. Notice the request in the referral letter is not followed. Told the staff and he followed thru'. Another appointment.
But there's more than enough mRNA vaccines... Tongue

So remember to meh meh pak the latest booster... Tongue

We use our reserves to buy so much vaccines for all chiu all mRNA fanbois and pro-vaxxers.... Tongue
(09-02-2024, 09:59 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Go Zumba and see bouncing melons ah  Laughing

Motivation lah! Big Grin
(09-02-2024, 09:57 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]This is a crap apps lah. Workout like shit only max 30 points daily. Need at least 1500 points to redeem $1 ?
If you are having a Healthy SG tracker watch, you can get $10 if you hit 1,500 points. I hv been claiming quite a lot of Ntuc voucher already.
(09-02-2024, 09:59 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Go Zumba and see bouncing melons ah 

We could do with more bounce in our lives!

[Image: China-Lady.jpg]
(09-02-2024, 10:16 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]If you are having a Healthy SG tracker watch, you can get $10 if you hit 1,500 points. I hv been claiming quite a lot of Ntuc voucher already.

50 days before u hit 1500 points. Gave up some time back. I decided not to charge my tracker. Not worth it. Electricity costs more than $10 to charge for 50 days.
(09-02-2024, 09:58 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Just walk 10000 steps can liao lah! Big Grin

I walk more than that each day
(09-02-2024, 05:30 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]I walk more than that each day

So you must be damn fit lah! Big Grin
(09-02-2024, 10:16 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]If you are having a Healthy SG tracker watch, you can get $10 if you hit 1,500 points. I hv been claiming quite a lot of Ntuc voucher already.

Used to be able to clock about 60 points a day before till they did a revision to the point system.