SG Talk

Full Version: Street-hail rides dwindle as Singapore’s taxi population continues to shrink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Street-hail rides dwindle as Singapore’s taxi population continues to shrink 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...-to-shrink
Commuter Elliot Lin said street-hailed rides should ideally be as readily available as app-hailed rides. “In Hong Kong, whenever I want to go somewhere, within a few minutes I’m on board a taxi and on my way,” the 39-year-old real estate agent said, adding that the fare is also predictable.

“Over here, I have to try multiple apps, wait 10 minutes or more, sometimes ‘argue’ with the driver over the pick-up point, and more often than not, before I can even book, find that the cost of the trip is two times higher than expected because of ‘dynamic’ pricing.”
greedy taxi company rental more expensive

that why poeple now go more flexible PHV

PHV is all app

dwindling taxi driver

all do not want to stop as i flag some taxi
taxi need some revamped, all now want high fee, then the tourist wont want to come here . so expensive even for local. taxi company charging high rental , how will taxi driver willing to ply the road for passenger, all waiT for app booking and high dynamic free .
taxi need some revamped, all now want high fee, then the tourist wont want to come here . so expensive even for local. taxi company charging high rental , how will taxi driver willing to ply the road for passenger, all waiT for app booking and high dynamic free .
not true
iswaran removes many taxi stands
and force pple to use the phone to call taxi
as more and more pple forced to call a taxi
it became impossible to wave for a taxi
so if u try to wave a taxi
its usually going to somewhere where someone already book it
i know this
becos i tried it becos i din have a phone or refuse to use one...
many cabbies now driving phv already

many phv drivers also using multiple apps. choose the one with higher pricing

consumers are still the ones kena screwed upside down by all these phv nonsense

i missed the days of cheap taxi pricing, flagging one along the roadside and etc.
Which Minister is in- charge of Land Transport or taxis?
(10-02-2024, 06:55 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Commuter Elliot Lin said street-hailed rides should ideally be as readily available as app-hailed rides. “In Hong Kong, whenever I want to go somewhere, within a few minutes I’m on board a taxi and on my way,” the 39-year-old real estate agent said, adding that the fare is also predictable. “Over here, I have to try multiple apps, wait 10 minutes or more, sometimes ‘argue’ with the driver over the pick-up point, and more often than not, before I can even book, find that the cost of the trip is two times higher than expected because of ‘dynamic’ pricing.”

This is a case of "monkey see, monkey do" since the PHV firms have learned how to be greedy like S'pore's politicians.
(10-02-2024, 09:11 PM)mrclubbie Wrote: [ -> ]many cabbies now driving phv already. many phv drivers also using multiple apps. choose the one with higher pricing. consumers are still the ones kena screwed upside down by all these phv nonsense. i missed the days of cheap taxi pricing, flagging one along the roadside and etc.

This is why car owners like me refuse to give up our "own set of 4 wheels".
(10-02-2024, 09:11 PM)mrclubbie Wrote: [ -> ]i missed the days of cheap taxi pricing, flagging one along the roadside and etc.

yeah loh

those days every where i go i take those 1.3cc taxi

those days one dollar still note