SG Talk

Full Version: M'sian Indian lion dance restarted master's legacy in the Year of the Dragon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Their passion for the lion dance has led a group of Malaysian-Indian performers to restart their former master’s troupe after a 10-year hiatus.

Drunkan dragon dance
Nice story about cross culture
Anyway in sg I also notice more and more other races taking up lion dance.
Indians embrace Chinese culture.
Ish like ah beng go carry kavadi during thaipusam Big Grin
Why our govt never encourage minority race to learn Chinese language?
I saw a lion dance team with young Induans mixed with Chinese doing the lion dance at a temple last year. 
I also saw some indians in a Chinese funeral band (those tong tong chiang type).      Rolleyes
[Image: 1GnW9uL.jpg]When to my grand uncle house for visiting ....saw this lion dance troop.
(12-02-2024, 07:57 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]Indians embrace Chinese culture.

To me it is more like natural evolution of culture.

Yoga gets cross cultural, so does other native-traditions art and skillsets that are able to change, adapt and accept others as one of them.
(12-02-2024, 08:00 AM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Why our govt never encourage minority race to learn Chinese language?

I have quite a few non-Chinese class mates who chose  higher-Chinese language (and scored A1)  during my formal years in my sec sch.
(12-02-2024, 11:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1GnW9uL.jpg]When to my grand uncle house for visiting ....saw this lion dance troop.

This lion troup belongs to 关善坛龙狮学院...and they are very active in national lion dance competition...
PS: I hazard the guy with the black poach on his chest contain the Hongbao proceed for his team's performance of the day)...Big Grin

Here is one of their team in 2022 performance at Ngee Ann city. You can easily spot a few non-Chinese looking member as the team prepare their routine + Mando-pop in the bankgnd. Big Grin

Chinese culture is known to be inclusive

世界大同,有容乃大
(12-02-2024, 12:37 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Chinese culture is known to be inclusive

世界大同,有容乃大

Team USA lion dance troup consist folks from angmoh, hispanics at the White House during last CNY.
PS: I think no need to apply for Caiqing permit at America's highest office...Big Grin

Anyone know that Old Man blocking the camera view in the foreground ? Big Grin

https://youtube.com/shorts/AJUku4fZOPw?s...w1KpkPBuJv

The sg and my national teams are aso excellent
(11-02-2024, 11:01 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Drunkan dragon dance

Yes - that does exist !

During a wedding dinner in Australia when a twin southen lions got "drunken" in front of a newly wed.
The best part is at the end when the we see the dancers were a good mix of 阴阳... Big Grin

(12-02-2024, 12:37 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Chinese culture is known to be inclusive

世界大同,有容乃大

fark you

china has no lion

it is the persian and the indians introduced lion to the chinese

that why lion dance came from persian and india

NOT CHINA
china has no lion
(12-02-2024, 01:08 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]fark you

china has no lion

it is the persian and the indians introduced lion to the chinese

that why lion dance came from persian and india

NOT CHINA
china has no lion

Fark your ass!

China has lion or not, got anything to do with a poor df like you? You chup simi zheng you aso duno? Really useless df