SG Talk

Full Version: Diner surprised to pay 10% CNY 'top-up' charge for coin prata and drinks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Diner surprised to pay 10% CNY 'top-up' charge for coin prata and drinks at IMM cafe: 'I regret'

http://tinyurl.com/mrx6d8tm
I feel that the prata shop has the intention to deceive customers by putting the surcharge in fine printS. Moreover, if the surcharge is 10%, why charge more? Even for the teh O, 10% of $2.80 is 28 cents!

The customer's order amounted to $10.10. 10% surcharge should be only $1.01. Total bill should be $11.11 and not $11.40.

This robbery! I will not patronise this shop for sure!
there are many hawkers taking advantage of CNY and add 10 to 20% charges.
The complaint must be made by new citizen tiong or neh or simply mountain tortoise.  Everybody knows CNY first 3 days are more expensive Big Grin

And it is fair since the workers are working instead of resting during CNY period.

No need a sign to tell customers that. 

Maybe the stall shouldn’t have put up a sign in the first place.

The only places that do not have surcharges during CNY are the massage shops  Rotfl
Some peepur are unreasonable too

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...same-order

I can easily explain the pricing. If you order in pairs then you pay $1.20 each. Or else it will instead cost $1.40 Big Grin
Cny eat prata? xiao or what
we should have another total lockdown, let all the greedy hawkers die pain pain.
PAP thinks that 61% are stupid which is true

Cold drinks $3.30 with surcharge 50 cents

Meaning 15% extra

Hong Kong so far, no such news
(12-02-2024, 09:09 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]PAP thinks that 61% are stupid which is true

Cold drinks $3.30 with surcharge 50 cents

Meaning 15% extra

Hong Kong so far, no such news

FOR THIS , NONE OF THE PAP MPS MINISTERS EVER MENTIONED ,FOLLOW HK EXAMPLE
(12-02-2024, 02:35 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]FOR THIS , NONE OF THE PAP MPS MINISTERS EVER MENTIONED ,FOLLOW HK EXAMPLE

they will tell u go to another stall
pap shld warn these greedy stall holders just keep quiet is to mean silently allow them to practice unfair trading,business transaction
(12-02-2024, 07:58 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Cny eat prata? xiao or what

Once a year
Better than eating instant noodles lah
(12-02-2024, 07:45 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]there are many hawkers taking advantage of CNY and add 10 to 20% charges.

Our opportunistic hawkers have been taking advantage of the Govt's GST hikes and inflation as convenient excuses to profiteer. Now they are blaming their surcharges on CNY. I will boycott such eateries without blinking an eye. I rather eat at home or at my relatives' residence (if invited) than be overcharged eating at these establishments.
(12-02-2024, 03:22 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Once a year Better than eating instant noodles lah

Learning to cook more than instant noodles is a life skill.
(12-02-2024, 03:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Our opportunistic hawkers have been taking advantage of the Govt's GST hikes and inflation as convenient excuses to profiteer. Now they are blaming their surcharges on CNY. I will boycott such eateries without blinking an eye. I rather eat at home or at my relatives' residence (if invited) than be overcharged eating at these establishments.

they are more responsive to being greedy as they learn v fast at lightning speed  fr pap
WHATS WRONG WITH GETTING MORE MONEY ??
(12-02-2024, 03:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Our opportunistic hawkers have been taking advantage of the Govt's GST hikes and inflation as convenient excuses to profiteer. Now they are blaming their surcharges on CNY. I will boycott such eateries without blinking an eye. I rather eat at home or at my relatives' residence (if invited) than be overcharged eating at these establishments.

好学不学, 学坏的 那么 快 ! 

Current PAP is Bad Role Model for this Country.
(12-02-2024, 03:38 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]they are more responsive to being greedy as they learn v fast at lightning speed  fr pap WHATS WRONG WITH GETTING MORE MONEY ??

Monkey see, monkey do.  Our greedy hawkers learn from our greedy politicians.
[Image: Greedy.jpg]

Tomorrow 4th day of CNY, if any hawkers still charge surcharge will be drown by forummers' saliva.
wow,, got surcharge such thingy.. govt approve or not..

then there must be national day surcharge,, hari raya surcharge and deepavali too.... knn.