SG Talk

Full Version: Electrician charges $3,590 to fix circuit breaker on CNY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Electrician charges $3,590 to fix circuit breaker on CNY 

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/electr...reaker-cny
Crazy!

Please let CASE know about this to take action.
It's like that lah...
(13-02-2024, 06:15 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Crazy!

Useless organisation lah.
What had he done to his circuit breaker?

First check the main circuit breaker outside your HDB unit, is it tripped? If trip, turn it on. Then slowly turn on each MCB in your home to find which MCB causes the tripping. The tripped MCB, don’t use temporary if found burnt or any abnormality.

Then isolate the appliance that causes the tripping.

MCB B10 is lighting/switch
MCB B20 is Power point/aircon

After CNY then call the technician for repair.
You can temporarily use extension cord, make sure dont share too many electrical loads.
Just perform few simple steps to isolate the faulty appliance will do!!
tio carrot chop and robbed blind. I think the food in the fridge oso not worth 1k. Sometimes you DIY oso cannot fix problem. In the middle of the nite where to find electrician except those carrot chop type. Wisest thing iz call PUb to see izit power outage, if not start wrapping your freezer food with towel and put back in freezer and wait till morning. I speak from experience. If however iz water pipe burst dan boh bian must call 24 hrs plumber. I oso kena carrot chop b4.
no lack of rich stupid people in singapore
customer didnt ask the charges beforehand?

anyway, if restarants are dishing out surcharges, nothing worng with electricians doing the same
$1400 Go hotel stay for a week
$500 get technician to repair after 3rd day cny
The technician did ask him whether to proceed or not. If not just pay for the 90 bucks lor.

It's like this one lah. Midnight and on cny. Don't agree liao, fixed liao then wanna find a case and report to police or CASE lor... No honor...
If I am him and electrician ask 3500 I will not take it. That monies can go stay hotel liao. Then after CNY shop open then ask. Fridge food plus hotel stay think should be less than 3500.
if it's me.............unless the $90 transport is stated..............i won't even pay that............
No easy answer...only when you are in that situation.

If very very rich then perfectly ok, even if it is 5k.

For an average person not easy.....it's a decision between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Sigh
(13-02-2024, 11:01 PM)aaaa68 Wrote: [ -> ]you are dead wrong!

Scamming is wrong, regardless of whether is scam money from poor people or scam money from rich people
What the hell are you spewing ?
What scamming?
You failed terribly to read properly!
The electrician told him from the onset that it will cost him $3500.
The circuit breaker seems easy to replace if you know which one is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZylBCMmKR8

Each monopole type is between $10 and $30 depends on the amperage, available here: https://eezee.sg/categories/automation-c...it-breaker

Including transport and workmanship, the cost should be not more than $200. It takes 10 minutes, not 2.5hours, to replace.
The actual  costings are reasonable. It is that X 2 or 100 percent additional for Chinese new year is daylight robbery. If he just add 20 percent which is market trend, then it is fair.     Rolleyes
(13-02-2024, 11:26 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]The circuit breaker seems easy to replace if you know which one is the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZylBCMmKR8

Each monopole type is between $10 and $30 depends on the amperage, available here: https://eezee.sg/categories/automation-c...it-breaker

Including transport and workmanship, the cost should be not more than $200. It takes 10 minutes, not 2.5hours, to replace.

You see the problem is not everyone know the know how hence has to pay for others to do it. E.g I am a programmer by profession some feature actually 10 minutes but I quote my manager 2.5 hrs simply becuz he don't know the details. It is same in other profession you pay monies to get it done. At what price you as customer decide worth or not.
Any problems just google search.

you kumgong ?

CASE is a toothless paper tiger.
This type can negotiate cannot agree to their price first
If too expensive ask them go fly kite later they will down price
450 per HR

After that everything X 2 for CNY

Wowwow

Google only got this search result?!
I believed the price was told before hand. Nobody wil let electrician fixed problems before asking price. That house owner deserved it. No case to fights
(14-02-2024, 08:22 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]you kumgong ?

CASE is a toothless paper tiger.

Ah Shame also toothless when it does not involve him

Hide under the carpet ,,, number 1
SPF should charge the guy for extortion.

jail him 9696 and stop all these nonsense.
(14-02-2024, 10:21 AM)red3 Wrote: [ -> ]450 per HR

After that everything X 2 for CNY

Wowwow

Google only got this search result?!

More like $900 per hour.

Better pay than a top lawyer or a top doctor

Clapping
Where can I go for a electrical course to be able to get licence to repair PUB switchboards?      Big Grin
(13-02-2024, 09:47 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]customer didnt ask the charges beforehand? anyway, if restarants are dishing out surcharges, nothing worng with electricians doing the same

It is a case of "monkey see, monkey do" in SG.  Our leaders have been dishing out all manner of surcharges in the form of indirect taxation and escalating prices for essential services to fund their obscene salaries for decades.
[Image: Parliament.jpg]
Why never add another 9% gst? IRAS never check?

If the electrician is ceritfied and provide warranty coverage , it is not unusual of cost thousands to repair or replace  main circuit breaker.
Safety comes at a price when you are dealing with the 220V supply to your home...

Replacing a circuit breaker in Singapore can be a daunting task, one that can come with a hefty price tag. It’s an essential part of keeping a home or business safe and operational, so it’s not a task to be overlooked or delayed. ...Generally, circuit breakers can range from $5200 – $500 in price, with additional installation costs that may range from $50 – $200.

https://ifix.sg/cost-to-replace-a-circui...singapore/
Pages: 1 2