SG Talk

Full Version: Foreign students are leaving Australia in droves after visa crackdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
“Net migration for international students was down 55% in the latter part of 2023 as departures far outpaced arrivals in the last two months of the year”, Hare wrote.

“Australian Bureau of Statistics data shows that although 73,840 more students arrived in Australia in the six months to December compared to the same period in 2022, 180,000 more students left”.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2024/02...-students/
Full of CECAs with fake student visas to steal jobs from locals. Tiu nia seng!
Western Sydney University, Macquarie, Wollongong, Latrobe, Deakin, Central Queensland, Edith Cowan, and Kaplan Business School (KBS) have recently sent notifications to cancel admissions or request withdrawal of applications to international students and recruitment agents.

Under Australia's new migration settings, prospective students must now prove a higher level of savings and a higher level of English proficiency and must pass a Genuine Student Test (GST), a measure introduced by the Australian government as part of its visa application process for international students.

He said visas were being rejected not because of fraudulent or misleading applications, but because visa processors doubted the applicants' intentions.

"Unfortunately, the Australian Government has recently implemented substantial changes to its migration strategy. Given those changes, the close commencement of your preferred intake, and the fact that have not received a visa outcome as yet, UOW has determined that you are unlikely to meet the new criteria to obtain a positive visa outcome."

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/educat...12973.html
If Australia has fake Student Visa, I am sure Singapore has, too. No report does not mean no similar case.
cake leng kia again
(20-02-2024, 08:36 AM)aiptasia Wrote: [ -> ]Full of CECAs with fake student visas to steal jobs from locals.  Tiu nia seng!

Fake education certs to get student visas, after arriving work at restaurant to earn money and skip classes, after visa expired all go missing and stay illegally
It's disheartening to hear about the struggles international students are facing in Australia due to the recent visa crackdown. I can only imagine the stress and uncertainty this must be causing for those affected. I believe diversity enriches our communities, and it's a shame to see barriers being erected that may deter talented individuals from pursuing their dreams abroad. Education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of nationality or background. On a brighter note, I wanted to share something I came across recently. Have you guys heard about the Innovator visa? It seems like a promising opportunity for those with entrepreneurial aspirations https://bararassociates.com/service/innovator-visas/. Maiden Business offers some insights into this visa option.
This Back door immigration loophole where the Australian Govt took action instead of sleeping in the job. While ours has closed one eye on this for many years and so far no news nor action from them. Our present elites is pale in comparison.