SG Talk

Full Version: S'poreans may dress fashionably even in warm weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
S'poreans often cite the warm and humid weather for them dressing sloppily when out and about. Even though it is possible to dress in fashionable summer tops and bottoms (without layering) paired with casual footwear, many people do not give a second thought to leaving their homes in torn and faded T-shirts, tank tops, shorts and slippers. Why do locals not take more pride in their appearance when going outdoors?  
Still got wind n rain in the afternoon
Temp 32 seems Bo lar sar
(20-02-2024, 01:07 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Still got wind n rain in the afternoon. Temp 32 seems Bo lar sar

I see some men and women dressed in stylish shirts and polo tees with matching pants, dresses, skirts or bermudas out and about. Why can't more locals follow suit instead of looking like they are dressed to go to the neighbourhood wet market? 
(20-02-2024, 01:11 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]I see some men and women dressed in stylish shirts and polo tees with matching pants, dresses, skirts or bermudas out and about. Why can't more locals follow suit instead of looking like they are dressed to go to the neighbourhood wet market? 

To remind gct where is the Swiss standard of living as promised mah
(20-02-2024, 01:17 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]To remind gct where is the Swiss standard of living as promised mah

Sinkies got short changed by getting only the Swiss Cost of Living. LOL!
(20-02-2024, 01:07 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Still got wind n rain in the afternoon. Temp 32 seems Bo lar sar

Casual wear that is fashionable, yet beats the heat and humidity

[Image: 98ab3015085029749f399f1f505fee83.jpg]
(20-02-2024, 02:03 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Casual wear that is fashionable, yet beats the heat and humidity

As long pocket got money is important lah
(20-02-2024, 02:03 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Casual wear that is fashionable, yet beats the heat and humidity

Smile Ang Mo always like to wear like this. Yea those go yacht party also wear like this.
(20-02-2024, 02:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Ang Mo always like to wear like this.  Yea those go yacht party also wear like this.

I have seen S'poreans dressed in similar fashion i.e. long or short sleeve shirt or polo tee with bermudas and casual shoes. It is casual yet chic without having to layer, which is impractical in our tropical heat. Even crew or V-neck T-shirts paired with bermudas look presentable even though it is not formal wear.
Half the residents are foreigners.

The other half are Sinkies of which 1.6m are born before 1973... statistics from FM Wong's Budget 2024. That is to say they're aged 51 and above... many live in nursing homes aka old age homes. How fashionable do you want them to dress to cover a diaper or while they are bedbound?

I say this not to make fun of us but to remind everybody that we are not an aging society but already an AGED one.

While the ratio of foreigners: Sinkies is 1:1, the majority of the yang peepur you see at places where the yang go are foreigners. The 50% foreigners are all yang, The 50% Sinkies are half over 50 years old and half under.

Dress well, dress badly, the foreigners set the scene, the stage, the...  Rolleyes
(20-02-2024, 02:54 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Half the residents are foreigners. While the ratio of foreigners: Sinkies is 1:1, the majority of the yang peepur you see at places where the yang go are foreigners.Dress well, dress badly, the foreigners set the scene, the stage

You need to spend less time at Chennai Business Park and Mustafa Centre

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

(20-02-2024, 02:58 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]You need to spend less time at Chennai Business Park and Mustafa Centre

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

TLLMCFH.

Humkarchan  Rolleyes

Simple, neat and nice.  Clapping
(20-02-2024, 03:07 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Simple, neat and nice. 

You are 100% spot on! I don't know why many S'poreans believe we have to layer i.e. wear a jacket or waist coat to look stylish. Casual wear may be fashionable as well. 
(20-02-2024, 03:09 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]You are 100% spot on! I don't know why many S'poreans believe we have to layer i.e. wear a jacket or waist coat to look stylish. Casual wear may be fashionable as well. 
If we do hv winter, there are many nice winter clothings which can makes us look fashionable, stylish and wonderful. Just like Honghong that got 4 seasons.
(20-02-2024, 03:04 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]TLLMCFH. Humkarchan  

Why curse an entire generation of my family to death over a difference of opinion on an online forum? It is perfectly ok to agree to disagree. Act like a man and not an immature guy like Sentinel.  
(20-02-2024, 03:13 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]If we do hv winter, there are many nice winter clothings which can makes us look fashionable, stylish and wonderful. Just like Honghong that got 4 seasons.

I also am in agreement that we have more clothing options in temperate countries, but we live in the sweltering heat of S'pore where there are less choices, so we make do with what God has given us. My wife is tall so she looks good in winter jackets, coats and high boots, but has at most one or two chances to wear them every year.
(20-02-2024, 03:04 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]TLLMCFH.

Humkarchan  Rolleyes
Such curse wil definitely bounced back to you only. Not to yr immediate family. Wish you good luck.
(20-02-2024, 03:13 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]If we do hv winter, there are many nice winter clothings which can makes us look fashionable, stylish and wonderful. Just like Honghong that got 4 seasons.

Where the F...k is Honghong which has 4 seasons?  Rolleyes
(20-02-2024, 03:07 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Simple, neat and nice.  Clapping
Lkk like u wear what also not nice lah

That dress code could be 20 degrees. Not suitable for Singapore.
(20-02-2024, 04:50 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Where the F...k is Honghong which has 4 seasons?  Rolleyes
I meant Hongkong hv 4 seasons. Sori for the typo error.
Sinkie, ah neh wear sinkie style - low ses, unglam, ugly
Ang mo wear wear sinkie style - chic, handsome, adventurous..
Must see the body and face mah
Can a dinobu wear bikini bo
me always wear my satki commando Tee when go out.
(20-02-2024, 11:48 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I meant Hongkong hv 4 seasons. Sori for the typo error.

I'm surprised you are capable of even typing out the sori word considering that you had on several occasions been caught to be extremely obnoxious.  Rolleyes

Hong Kong is a Chinese city. It's located at the temperate part of Earth so of course it has 4 seasons ma. Singapore is in the tropical part of Earth so we have a different climate lorh 

For the experience, I would prefer Shanghai, Beijing and Qingdao where the 4 seasons are more enjoyable to me and harsher to the locals. Subjective right. 

Once I was in Qingdao during winter and the temperature was subzero, and suddenly a wind came. It was a cold cold wind. The winter jacket I bought from Robinsons wasn't good enough to insulate Oyk and I literally vibrated.

Then I understood why the Chinese would wear up to four pieces of clothes which made them look very stocky or buibui.

Anyway that was a long time ago. Now I know how to dress like the Chinese when in China.. I even bought my winter clothes there, so how much more suitable for their winter can it get? 

Recently, a new arrival from Shandong told me she absolutely loved our weather. When she left her province it was January, deep winter. Six hours later, she came out from the plane and found her winter clothes rather out of place. She really loved wearing less, feeling light...

PS: I wash dishes for a living and so work with many foreign talents from various countries.  Wink
(20-02-2024, 11:48 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I meant Hongkong hv 4 seasons. Sori for the typo error.
It’s not typo error u don’t even know there is no 4 seasons in HK.dumb
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FIopq...ipo=images]
(20-02-2024, 02:49 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen S'poreans dressed in similar fashion i.e. long or short sleeve shirt or polo tee with bermudas and casual shoes. It is casual yet chic without having to layer, which is impractical in our tropical heat. Even crew or V-neck T-shirts paired with bermudas look presentable even though it is not formal wear.

Don't said Locals, cannot make it. Sometimes Smile come fashion you can also buy branded like those Ah bengs end of the day wearing it don't have that " look " like wise for Rich people, not every rich people wear own branded look more charming whatever , which fashion models carry with it.
The real sg style is seen at the various 42km marathons
Pages: 1 2 3