SG Talk

Full Version: MOE's lessons on the Israel-Hamas conflict aim to help students reflect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MOE's lessons on the Israel-Hamas conflict aim to help students reflect on safeguarding cohesion and respecting diversity of views, says Education Minister Chan Chun Sing. 

https://cna.asia/3uW2p7g

Watch his full statement: https://youtu.be/qwlGMkQH3BY?si=veHXS7so1LcVcVuh
I see Chan Chun Sing I associate with the phrase xia sway hehe
(25-02-2024, 08:53 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]MOE's lessons on the Israel-Hamas conflict aim to help students reflect on safeguarding cohesion and respecting diversity of views, says Education Minister Chan Chun Sing. 

S'poreans are divided along religious lines in this conflict. It is clear that most non-Muslims abhor terrorism and see Israel's actions as retaliation against the Oct 7 invasion by Hamas. Most Muslims, on the other hand, are firmly behind Hamas even though they are a terrorist organization, simply because they share a common religion.
(26-02-2024, 08:49 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]S'poreans are divided along religious lines in this conflict. It is clear that most non-Muslims abhor terrorism and see Israel's actions as retaliation against the Oct 7 invasion by Hamas. Most Muslims, on the other hand, are firmly behind Hamas even though they are a terrorist organization, simply because they share a common religion.

I disagree. The few Singaporeans who made it known that they are standing with the Palestinians are non-Muslims, like the 2 Chinese Singaporeans aboard the Palestinian freedom flotilla, or the Singaporean Chinese towkay who donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Palestinians, or the Chinese Singaporean who was arrested for protesting alone for the Palestinian cause.

Many Chinese Singaporeans are standing with the Palestinians. So no, Singaporeans are not divided along religious lines in this conflict.
(26-02-2024, 11:04 AM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. The few Singaporeans who made it known that they are standing with the Palestinians are non-Muslims, like the 2 Chinese Singaporeans aboard the Palestinian freedom flotilla, or the Singaporean Chinese towkay who donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Palestinians, or the Chinese Singaporean who was arrested for protesting alone for the Palestinian cause.Many Chinese Singaporeans are standing with the Palestinians. So no, Singaporeans are not divided along religious lines in this conflict.

It is perfectly alright to agree to disagree. We all have our opinions and impressions after reading online forums and speaking with our friends, acquaintances and co-workers. We are in agreement that both Israel and Hamas are no angels; it is the Palestinian civilians who are caught in the crossfire.   
(26-02-2024, 08:49 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]S'poreans are divided along religious lines in this conflict. It is clear that most non-Muslims abhor terrorism and see Israel's actions as retaliation against the Oct 7 invasion by Hamas. Most Muslims, on the other hand, are firmly behind Hamas even though they are a terrorist organization, simply because they share a common religion.

Last warning for you

Stop sowing racial and religious disharmony in SG
Yes! Chinese support Palestinian.
No! Chinese don't support Hsmas.

This lastest carnage war triggered by Hanas on 7 Oct 2023.
(26-02-2024, 11:11 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]It is perfectly alright to agree to disagree. We all have our opinions and impressions after reading online forums and speaking with our friends, acquaintances and co-workers. We are in agreement that both Israel and Hamas are no angels; it is the Palestinian civilians who are caught in the crossfire.   

Yes, we can disagree. 

But I am sure we both would like to see peace. How to achieve that?

If you ask me, I'd say Zionism must be eradicated. There is no other way.
(26-02-2024, 11:34 AM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, we can disagree. But I am sure we both would like to see peace. How to achieve that? If you ask me, I'd say Zionism must be eradicated. There is no other way.

Both Zionism and Terrorism have to be eradicated. 
(26-02-2024, 11:34 AM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, we can disagree. 

But I am sure we both would like to see peace. How to achieve that?

If you ask me, I'd say Zionism must be eradicated. There is no other way.

And I would take the other stance and say Hamas must be eradicated, totally.  There is no other way.
(26-02-2024, 11:23 AM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Chinese support Palestinian. No! Chinese don't support Hsmas. This lastest carnage war triggered by Hanas on 7 Oct 2023.

Hamas started this conflict by invading Israel as well as murdering, raping and kidnapping Israeli civilians, but Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation. 
If we rationalize, only a few Chinese Singaporeans (if at all) support Hamas in the protest. The majority are sane folks who abhor terrorism or are simply borchup. Period.
(26-02-2024, 11:38 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Hamas started this conflict by invading Israel as well as murdering, raping and kidnapping Israeli civilians, but Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation. 

Need to totally kick Hamas ass into oblivion.  The concept of deterrence. Just too bad, the rest in the way are just collateral damage. Life is unfair.

But if you let Hamas get away easy they will sure as hell try this stunt again in the near future.
Why MOE wants to talk about political conflicts in school when they should be teaching moral conducts and social etiquette... They should be teaching 弟子规!
When Singapore was a fledging country in the mid 60s, who came to help us shore up our defences? Friendly Country X or our belligerent next door neighbours? 

Who initiated Konfrontasi? Big Grin
(26-02-2024, 11:43 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Need to totally kick Hamas ass into oblivion.  The concept of deterrence. Just too bad, the rest in the way are just collateral damage. Life is unfair.
But if you let Hamas get away easy they will sure as hell try this stunt again in the near future.

Even Egypt and Jordan, which are Muslim countries, do not accept Palestinian refugees because these people have a history of causing civil unrest wherever they have gone. Palestinians do not recognise the authority of the govts in their host countries and even caused a civil war in Lebanon. There is also a strong likelihood that many Hamas militants will slip into other Arab countries and try to overthrow the govts there or launch attacks on Israel from these host nations. 
Even HoChing commented it is an open air prison which the world knew all along. Unthinkable in this modern society. UN already begs to bring food etc into Gaza on humanitarian grounds, Israel refused just wanna bomb bomb bomb so call hamas among the innocents. School must teach its history first back to 1948 onwards to give a true and fair picture on current war.
(26-02-2024, 11:38 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Hamas started this conflict by invading Israel as well as murdering, raping and kidnapping Israeli civilians, but Israel has gone overboard with its retaliation. 

What choice do Israel have after the atrocious multi-pronged attacks on 23 Oct 2023. Hamas has shown Israel how dangerous they can be as neighbours.  Israel was led to believe that Gaza was no longer a threat and are more interested in growing their economy. Perhaps that was why they had been more relax in security issue on that fateful day. Hamas had put on a false front and had Israel fooled. After such attacks any country would have done what Israel had done to eradicate such threats from ever happening again.
(26-02-2024, 12:24 PM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]What choice do Israel have after the atrocious multi-pronged attacks on 23 Oct 2023. Hamas has shown Israel how dangerous they can be as neighbours.  Israel was led to believe that Gaza was no longer a threat and are more interested in growing their economy. Perhaps that was why they had been more relax in security issue on that fateful day. Hamas had put on a false front and had Israel fooled. After such attacks any country would have done what Israel had done to eradicate such threats from ever happening again.

Please don't get me wrong. I abhor religious extremism and the atrocities committed by Hamas, which is a terrorist organization. I feel that Israel has gone beyond mere revenge, and is hellbent on teaching Hamas a painful lesson it will never forget. It is just that so many Palestinian human shields have been killed in their pursuit of the terrorists. 
(26-02-2024, 11:23 AM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Chinese support Palestinian.
No! Chinese don't support Hsmas.

This lastest carnage war triggered by Hanas on 7 Oct 2023.

No, Chinese don't support Hamas. We all don't care for Hamas. We care for the Palestinian people and right now they are being killed in large numbers. 

Hamas is not the problem. The problem started way back in the early 20th century. Hamas only came into the picture in the 21st century. The problem is Israel with its Zionist ideology. Don't ever forget their main objective, the removal of Palestinians from that land to create a Jewish state. That is morally unacceptable.
(26-02-2024, 12:31 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't get me wrong. I abhor religious extremism and the atrocities committed by Hamas, which is a terrorist organization. I feel that Israel has gone beyond mere revenge, and is hellbent on teaching Hamas a painful lesson it will never forget. It is just that so many Palestinian human shields have been killed in their pursuit of the terrorists. 

Hamas is a political party and they are militant. They are freedom fighters for the Palestinian people fighting against foreign invaders, much like the French Resistance fighting the invading German army. If you want to call them terrorist, then you are just parroting Israel and the US. 

Even our CNA don't refer to Hamas as a terrorist organisation. 
[Image: ZRLZfjC.png]
(26-02-2024, 11:43 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Need to totally kick Hamas ass into oblivion.  The concept of deterrence. Just too bad, the rest in the way are just collateral damage. Life is unfair.

Okay. Let's say we get rid of Hamas. What then? Will Israel allow the Palestinian freedom after that?
(26-02-2024, 12:55 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. Let's say we get rid of Hamas. What then? Will Israel allow the Palestinian freedom after that?

Once they remove the terrorist element out of the equation, it will be easier to talk things out.
(26-02-2024, 11:46 AM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Why MOE wants to talk about political conflicts in school when they should be teaching moral conducts and social etiquette... They should be teaching 弟子规!
PAP singing a certain narrative, but a very dangerous one
(26-02-2024, 12:57 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Once they remove the terrorist element out of the equation, it will be easier to talk things out.

Without the terrorist element, Hamas, there won't be Palestinian human shields placed in the way of Israeli guns and bombs.
(26-02-2024, 12:57 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Once they remove the terrorist element out of the equation, it will be easier to talk things out.

They were talking things out for many decades, long before Hamas came into existence. The result of those 'talk things out' is the state of Palestinians today, displaced and living in tents.

The Zionists, lead by Netanyahu, want the Palestinians out of that land. That has been the objective since mid 1920s. The first time there was a massive operation by the Zionists to clear out the Palestinians was in 1948. 

Talk? No sir. The Palestinians have had enough of talks. They want their land back and they are fighting for it. Can you say they are wrong for wanting their land back?
remember singapore kids

cotton comes from sheep
wool comes from zombie and plant
(26-02-2024, 01:06 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]They were talking things out for many decades, long before Hamas came into existence. The result of those 'talk things out' is the state of Palestinians today, displaced and living in tents.

The Zionists, lead by Netanyahu, want the Palestinians out of that land. That has been the objective since mid 1920s. The first time there was a massive operation by the Zionists to clear out the Palestinians was in 1948. 

Talk? No sir. The Palestinians have had enough of talks. They want their land back and they are fighting for it. Can you say they are wrong for wanting their land back?

There is no easy solution.  That I agree.  But having a terrorist militant organization like Hamas hellbent on causing murders, rapes, conflict and chaos will just lead the Palestinian peepur to total annihilation.

And self radicalization better not take root here.

Good that MHA is taking a firm stand in this.
(26-02-2024, 01:15 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]There is no easy solution.  That I agree.  But having a terrorist militant organization like Hamas hellbent on causing conflict and chaos will just lead the Palestinian peepur to total annihilation.

And self radicalization better not take root here.

Good that MHA is taking a firm stand in this.

The "terrorist militant organization like Hamas" is fighting to prevent the total annihilation of the Palestinian people by the Zionist regime which has been doing that for the past 75+ years already.

Can you see it like that? Try, for friend sake.
Pages: 1 2 3