SG Talk

Full Version: Casual racism: An honest conversation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Casual racism: An honest conversation

🎧 On this week's Heart of the Matter podcast, three guests share with host Steven Chia how we should deal with casual racism in the workplace and in society.

https://cna.asia/3P1CiCS
(01-03-2024, 02:59 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Casual racism: An honest conversation. On this week's Heart of the Matter podcast, three guests share with host Steven Chia how we should deal with casual racism in the workplace and in society.

I heard from my Black American colleague that being referred to as "Black" is as acceptable as calling a Caucasian "White" as these terms just have to do with colour. He said that unacceptable terms include Negro, Nigger, Afro or even African American, since he has never been to Africa or knows of any relatives there. He is adamant that he is an American, and not an African.
Casual racism - How "casual" can that get ?  Big Grin

When you use Chopsticks...
[Image: chopsticks-mahathir.png]
When you are doing your job..

[Image: Capture-4.jpg]
or you are a visitor at the S'pore Airshow..

[Image: elairbus2720qianzhanqifei201.jpg]
(01-03-2024, 02:59 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Casual racism: An honest conversation 🎧 On this week's Heart of the Matter podcast, three guests share with host Steven Chia how we should deal with casual racism in the workplace and in society.

A Caucasian man was dining with probably a local girl at a restaurant when the waiter asked politely if he would prefer a fork and spoon as he was struggling with his chopsticks. I was shocked when the expat raised his voice and accused the service staff of racism. Seems like a frivolous complaint about "casual racism" to me.