SG Talk

Full Version: Yesterday I went to JB to buy medicine....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to buy medicine for my mother....Collected a list of orders from neighbors and went down to buy.  Saved the old folks quite alot of money may be more because now buy medicine here also have to pay GST.

On the way back ate satay RM$15. Have not eaten satay in Singapore since they hiked prices.

[Image: lqH4dYu.jpg]

Anyway I have doing this medicine run for more than 8yrs.
[Image: XYBuoT6.jpg]

Anyway thousands of Singaporeans have to do this there is just no choice due to high costs. You cab read about it in various forums.

https://www.mycarforum.com/forums/topic/...ia/page/9/

Make use of this loophole for as long as possible.
I believe the PAP will eventually forbid buying of medicine from JB so they can earn GST.
Why polyclinic medicine is so muc more expensive is something that has gone on for long time. I just don't see any effort to make things more affordable. If anything prices have gone up.

[Image: EvkMlaj.jpg]
Drug maker already say same drug different pricing becuz Spore developed nation whereas Msia developing. They cannot deny sick ppl in developing nation the drug. So simple solution is Spore should downgrade to developing nation.
Everything is cheaper there, houses, cars, foods, ... Why medicines cannot be cheaper?
I once bought cough syrup from bg pharmacy from City square mall jb...cost only 9 ringgit...cheap and good..I wanted to buy 3 bottles but lady who prescribe frm the counter only allow at max 2 bottles.

I tell her I can buy from another branch a few mins walk from the mall...then she ask for my passport and make me a member. In the end she also give in!
Stay healthy so you dun be addicted to these expensive and yet harmful drugs
(01-03-2024, 06:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway I have doing this medicine run for more than 8yrs.
Wah, you doing medicine run for 8 years already ah? Must be very lucrative as the price difference is so much which gives a lot of margins for profit. Can share how much can make per run?     Big Grin
(01-03-2024, 06:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I went to buy medicine for my mother....Collected a list of orders from neighbors and went down to buy.  Saved the old folks quite alot of money may be more because now buy medicine here also have to pay GST.

On the way back ate satay RM$15. Have not eaten satay in Singapore since they hiked prices.

Anyway thousands of Singaporeans have to do this there is just no choice due to high costs. You cab read about it in various forums.

I believe the PAP will eventually forbid buying of medicine from JB so they can earn GST.

yes

3/4 tanks rules
Medicine if bought from polyclinics by pioneer generation dun cost a lot.
U buy medicine there no wonder for 8 yrs, y mother cannot cure,. the medicine is maybe fake, half flour..

if they put something else,,, yaliluya... yamen,, be careful... dont save and play play with medicine..
Malaysian cannot be trusted,, all corruption can add something into the drug to make it cheaper,,,

i find medicine affordable leh in NUH.. NUH..i take valium,, lexapro,,all no subsidise.. cause vy exp.

but they work,,, now i am a legal drug addict plus kkj bo lat..,,, thank to NUH and PAP...for making me a holy man, cause now i cannot paik piak liao,,, so can go heaven,, yamen.,
(01-03-2024, 06:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I went to buy medicine for my mother....Collected a list of orders from neighbors and went down to buy.  Saved the old folks quite alot of money may be more because now buy medicine here also have to pay GST.

Better ask whether u can buy medicine from malaysia and bring into singapore..

some medicine cannot bring in,,, u better be careful , wait they hang u upside down at Changi hotel..

save for 8 yrs, but go jail for 8 yrs alos,, so got save or not????

better ask first.