SG Talk

Full Version: 2 coffeeshop associations pledge support for 'siu dai' or less sugar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 coffeeshop associations pledge support for 'siu dai' or less sugar in drinks movement

The Foochow Coffee Restaurant & Bar Merchants Association, and Kheng Keow Coffee Merchants Restaurant and Bar-Owners Association have both signed a joint statement of support, said the Health Promotion Board (HPB) on Friday (March 1).

☕️ https://tdy.sg/4bR0h1z

@todayonlinesg
can don't "support"?
some coffee shops n stalls at hawker ctrs hv 1 size  cup only cant choose a smaller cup

bigger the cup means more sugar u consume
That’s terrible!

Because I only drink kopi c kosong Big Grin
(01-03-2024, 06:45 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]2 coffeeshop associations pledge support for 'siu dai' or less sugar in drinks movement

The Foochow Coffee Restaurant & Bar Merchants Association, and Kheng Keow Coffee Merchants Restaurant and Bar-Owners Association have both signed a joint statement of support, said the Health Promotion Board (HPB) on Friday (March 1).

☕️ https://tdy.sg/4bR0h1z

@todayonlinesg

Well done lah! Big Grin  Clapping
(01-03-2024, 07:16 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]That’s terrible!

Because I only drink kopi c kosong Big Grin

I only drink KopiO Kosong lah! Big Grin
(01-03-2024, 07:05 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]some coffee shops n stalls at hawker ctrs hv 1 size  cup only cant choose a smaller cup

bigger the cup means more sugar u consume

Just say Kah Tai lah! Big Grin Kah Tai means add sugar lah!
(01-03-2024, 07:37 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Just say Kah Tai lah! Big Grin Kah Tai means add sugar lah!

Can say jiak meow meow?  Thinking
Here's the problem I have with sui dai.

Many stalls and coffeeshop when you ask for sui dai they use one full spoon of sugar. Standard is 2 spoons of sugar.

They need to standardize sui dai to quarter spoon of sugar.
(02-03-2024, 05:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the problem I have with sui dai.

Many stalls and coffeeshop when you ask for sui dai they use one full spoon of sugar. Standard is 2 spoons of sugar.

There's a difference between a mountain of sugar on a teaspoon and a flat top lah! Big Grin
I love it sweet.  Those coffee stall that save on sugar and raised price, I shall not patronize.
(02-03-2024, 05:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Here's the problem I have with sui dai.

Send them for skillfuture training and certified them. Now is the cleaners can stand in as coffee maker.
(02-03-2024, 07:54 AM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]I love it sweet.  Those coffee stall that save on sugar and raised price, I shall not patronize.

Sugar cubes also can lah! Big Grin
These associations must ensure 20 cents savings on kosong and siu- Dai. Otherwise, this tantamounts to cheating.
(02-03-2024, 08:18 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Sugar cubes also can lah! Big Grin

Cut sugar can compensated with condensed or evaporated milk also can. Big Grin
Now by default, all tea/coffee i noticed is of less sugar. And why not? they charge you the same price for less sugar used for the same price.

They save cost of sugar and best of all increase price of drinks. Otherwise you can see that cup get smaller - typically a V shaped cup.

Worst is Kimly chain of coffeeshop. Always the first to increase price and serve with the smallest cup possible. Boycott Kimly !