SG Talk

Full Version: India ‘to send 10,000 more troops to border’ with China
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wonder how do they communicate
(10-03-2024, 09:37 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder how do they communicate

English ? I see the video of the skirmish they have the high altitude mountain. Each team you one word I one word across but both sides not carrying arms.
(10-03-2024, 09:48 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]English ? I see the video of the skirmish they have the high altitude mountain. Each team you one word I one word across but both sides not carrying arms.

Now with google translate maybe they could use it. Or possibly they hv own translation apps which are not difficult for them to develop
Aiya, the military uses samaphore flag signalling for visual communication when out of vocal range. All military wind talkers are trained in International Code where they used to communicate. For example, they used the flag and wave up and down which stands for Code AA and means Who Are You.    
Night time they used light to communicate instead of the flags. Big Grin
(10-03-2024, 10:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Aiya, the military uses samaphore flag signalling for visual communication when out of vocal range. All military wind talkers are trained in International Code where they used to communicate. For example, they used the flag and wave up and down which stands for Code AA and means Who Are You.    
Night time they used light to communicate instead of the flags. Big Grin

Signaller? Is this even standardize across the Earth different country army?
(10-03-2024, 09:30 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/india...09313.html

Election next month ?.
(10-03-2024, 11:09 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Signaller? Is this even standardize across the Earth different country army?

Of course standardize for international use. However, for internal communication, they may make their own crypted codes that needs deciphering to prevent the enemy knowing what they talk. 

There are even signals for layman. For example an Indian soldier raise his right hand and pointed his middle finger at the Chinese forces on the opposite hill, it means F...k you or hoot liao. If he raise and wave a white flag, it means he surrender or want peace and you must not open fire on a guy waving a white flag. Then you also got the MAYDAY, SOS, PAN PAN, etc.

For the military, signalling officers are trained in more complicated international codes for use when operating or fighting with armies of other nationals. There are even international publications for reference of signalling codes like the INTERCO, etc. for soldiers to use for reference in the battle field as there are too much codes to memorise.     Big Grin
(10-03-2024, 09:30 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/india...09313.html

Economy ng war can happen.