SG Talk

Full Version: 5-star hotel in Malaysia not having Mandarin-speaking staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tourist uploads video of 5-star hotel in Malaysia not having Mandarin-speaking staff; netizens have mixed opinions

https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/tourist-...20492.html
you go Japan, Korea and expect the staff speak mandarin ?
Surprisingly, although Korea and Japan have very few Chinese residents, their 5 and 6 star hotels are front by at least 1 chinese speaking staff.
(15-03-2024, 10:39 AM)klat Wrote: [ -> ]Surprisingly, although Korea and Japan have very few Chinese residents, their 5 and 6 star hotels are front by at least 1 chinese speaking staff.

the no star hotel me stay no had.
Sentosa Island also very few Mandarin speaking staff!
(15-03-2024, 10:43 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Sentosa Island also very few Mandarin speaking staff!

not many Tiong go stay sentosa island.
(15-03-2024, 10:26 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]you go Japan, Korea and expect the staff speak mandarin ?

Pls note Malaysia have more than 25% Chinese population there
(15-03-2024, 10:47 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]not many Tiong go stay sentosa island.

Not true.

I have met many of them.
Even lky aso made an effort to learn it
(15-03-2024, 10:47 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]not many Tiong go stay sentosa island.

But many Tiong go to Malaysia due to the exchange rate
Japan is easier. Written Japanese has many Chinese characters.
I do a bit of guess work and can understand simple Jap.
They can't even find anyone to speak English, let alone mandarin.
(15-03-2024, 11:06 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Not true.

I have met many of them.

they went there for sand sun and sea not staying there (they can't afford the rate).
(15-03-2024, 04:44 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]they went there for sand sun and sea not staying there (they can't afford the rate).

You mean Tiong tourists are poor?  Thinking
(15-03-2024, 10:43 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Sentosa Island also very few Mandarin speaking staff!...
All angmo ABuden?.. While here they stay where?. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, the couple appears to be busy here in Singapore. Think they stay is £11,000 a nite in Sentoso Island. Big Grin  

Today in Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, the couple appears to be busy "nesting." Tay and Travis haven't been seen since the final show of the singer's Eras Tour in Singapore (where she rushed into his arms for a kiss 🥹), but sources tell Us Weekly that they're enjoying some downtime and privacy at Taylor's house in Los Angeles.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainme...s-angeles/
If they feel unfriendly they can skip the hotel or advise
their countryman not to book the hotel.
However they should know the hotel is private entity.
What other language to use along with MY national language is their business.
Maybe the hotel got zhiren management.