SG Talk

Full Version: UN-Gallup says 2nd happies place after Singapore in E Asia is...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taiwan, Province of China

Clapping Big Grin

[Image: 2happychina.png]
So now go earthquake... Happiness is always about timing and luck also.
(08-04-2024, 02:36 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]So now go earthquake... Happiness is always about timing and luck also.

I spend a lot of time in east java. 

I find the people there way happier than singaporeans.

What gives?
(08-04-2024, 02:41 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]I spend a lot of time in east java.  I find the people there way happier than singaporeans. What gives?

Who care when UN didn't include Javanese in their survey.... Big Grin
(08-04-2024, 03:43 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Who care when UN didn't include Javanese in their survey.... Big Grin

It seems less affluent people are happier.

Even here in Singapore. The Malays are the less affluent people and they are happy going for picnics at the back of a truck. The affluent people are more stressed out.
(08-04-2024, 04:07 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]It seems less affluent people are happier.
Even here in Singapore. The Malays are the less affluent people and they are happy going for picnics at the back of a truck. The affluent people are more stressed out.

In an Ideal World, everyone should be "happier" regardless how "affluent" they are.

The problem is we DON"T live in such a world...
Which explains why there is such thing as pro-Bumi NEP practiced for decades across the Causeway.  ...and yet where are the "happier" M'sians ranking in that same survey ? Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZJOGgFlw3XzCSAobFmd9...riTWT6MA&s]
(09-04-2024, 11:12 AM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]In an Ideal World, everyone should be "happier" regardless how "affluent" they are.

The problem is we DON"T live in such a world...
Which explains why there is such thing as pro-Bumi NEP practiced for decades across the Causeway.  ...and yet where are the "happier" M'sians ranking in that same survey ? Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZJOGgFlw3XzCSAobFmd9...riTWT6MA&s]

And yes, in Malaysia too. I also spend a lot of time there, in Mersing where I get to eat fresh fish. The people there are way happier than Singaporeans. We don't even smile at each other.

I've met a Chinese in EDMW who said "I'd rather be sad in a Mercedes than happy in the back of a truck". Do you have the same thinking?
(08-04-2024, 04:07 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]It seems less affluent people are happier.

Nope, totally untrue. I've said it and will say it again. It's the inequality that causes unhappiness. If everyone is poor then everyone can be happy.
(09-04-2024, 01:51 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, totally untrue. I've said it and will say it again. It's the inequality that causes unhappiness. If everyone is poor then everyone can be happy.

When you're so busy chasing after money, you don't have time to be happy.
(09-04-2024, 01:58 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]When you're so busy chasing after money, you don't have time to be happy.

No, many rich people are also very happy. So you're generalizing.
(09-04-2024, 02:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]No, many rich people are also very happy. So you're generalizing.

Yes, I was generalizing.
(09-04-2024, 01:37 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]And yes, in Malaysia too. I also spend a lot of time there, in Mersing where I get to eat fresh fish. The people there are way happier than Singaporeans. We don't even smile at each other. I've met a Chinese in EDMW who said "I'd rather be sad in a Mercedes than happy in the back of a truck". Do you have the same thinking?

And yet...a lot of "happy" M'sian fighting to work in SG from dawn to dusk....and a LOT of them are more than "happy" to risk life and limb riding here for SGD...

Yes - happiness does not equal "affluence".. or is it ? Big Grin
(09-04-2024, 02:29 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I was generalizing.

Now this is sad.

Rolleyes