SG Talk

Full Version: Man suffers fractured skull after metal rod falls from HDB rooftop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'I was terrified I would lose my life': Man suffers fractured skull after metal rod falls from HDB rooftop

It had fallen from the roof of Block 434 Bukit Panjang Ring Road, where workers were moving materials, and hit him.

READ: https://bit.ly/3PIRW6l

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates
Kan pua suay...
Got to look up while walking
(01-04-2024, 10:11 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Got to look up while walking

I always look up even if walking below trees...
(01-04-2024, 10:11 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Got to look up while walking

We will get smashed in the face instead of the skull. LOL!
(01-04-2024, 10:53 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]I always look up even if walking below trees...

Bird shit may hit you in the face instead of your head.
(01-04-2024, 10:03 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]'I was terrified I would lose my life': Man suffers fractured skull after metal rod falls from HDB rooftop. It had fallen from the roof of Block 434 Bukit Panjang Ring Road, where workers were moving materials, and hit him.

Killer litter from high rise buildings are a genuine threat. There are still many inconsiderate people who leave heavy items like flower pots, metal rods and other dangerous items on window ledges and rooftops which may be dislodged by strong winds and heavy rain.
(01-04-2024, 12:00 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Killer litter from high rise buildings are a genuine threat. There are still many inconsiderate people who leave heavy items like flower pots, metal rods and other dangerous items on window ledges and rooftops which may be dislodged by strong winds and heavy rain.

All metal rods and poles are not allowed to be fixed outside the walls. HDB should consficate the unit back immediately.
(01-04-2024, 12:13 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]All metal rods and poles are not allowed to be fixed outside the walls. HDB should consficate the unit back immediately.

I lived in a HDB unit more than 20 years ago when residents thought nothing of hanging dripping mops, SAF helmets and other heavy objects on those bamboo poles. Do they still do that these days?