SG Talk

Full Version: water mtr replaced 3x within 10yrs becos PUB beleves meter runs slow !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my whatsapp grp fruiend fwrd to me :
teck whye lane resident questions pub reasoning for thrice replacing his home water mteter in under 10 yrs.
he was told his meter runs slow n deemed faulty. 

acceptable ?
My water meter runs very fast, always above average and at the high end of usage. No wonder PUB is very happy
One contractor said he knew how to slow down the water meter, and it's very common in jh. He asked if I want to try and I said no need, because my water meter is ok
PUB obviously has some grounds to believe the meter was tampered with. No worth to tamper with your water or gas meters. Can get charged.
Bet PUB only reacts to those naturally faulty one that resulted in slow flow. Those that are fast flowing will be ignored.
(09-04-2024, 02:38 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]PUB obviously has some grounds to believe the meter was tampered with. No worth to tamper with your water or gas meters. Can get charged.

iirc last time got 1 restaurant kena caught and fined for tempered meter.
question is "
how does pub claim that the mtr is faulty.
did they send officers to the resident home to collect 1cubic mtr of water that tallies with the mtr also register 1 unit was used. ?

cnt just accept blindly
The meter belongs to them so it's up to them how often they want to replace it.

In fact they hv utility records of all houses. If one drops suddenly for a few months ofc they need to do something and report to the management