SG Talk

Full Version: Scripture readings for today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First reading Acts 9:26-31 ©
Barnabas explained how the Lord had appeared to Saul on his journey
When Saul got to Jerusalem he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him: they could not believe he was really a disciple. Barnabas, however, took charge of him, introduced him to the apostles, and explained how the Lord had appeared to Saul and spoken to him on his journey, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. Saul now started to go round with them in Jerusalem, preaching fearlessly in the name of the Lord. But after he had spoken to the Hellenists, and argued with them, they became determined to kill him. When the brothers knew, they took him to Caesarea, and sent him off from there to Tarsus.
The churches throughout Judaea, Galilee and Samaria were now left in peace, building themselves up, living in the fear of the Lord, and filled with the consolation of the Holy Spirit.

Second reading 1 John 3:18-24 ©
The commandment of faith and love
My children,
our love is not to be just words or mere talk,
but something real and active;
only by this can we be certain
that we are children of the truth
and be able to quieten our conscience in his presence,
whatever accusations it may raise against us,
because God is greater than our conscience and he knows everything.
My dear people,
if we cannot be condemned by our own conscience,
we need not be afraid in God’s presence,
and whatever we ask him,
we shall receive,
because we keep his commandments
and live the kind of life that he wants.
His commandments are these:
that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ
and that we love one another
as he told us to.
Whoever keeps his commandments
lives in God and God lives in him.
We know that he lives in us
by the Spirit that he has given us.

Gospel John 15:1-8 ©
I am the vine, you are the branches
Jesus said to his disciples:
‘I am the true vine,
and my Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in me that bears no fruit
he cuts away,
and every branch that does bear fruit
he prunes to make it bear even more.
You are pruned already,
by means of the word that I have spoken to you.
Make your home in me, as I make mine in you.
As a branch cannot bear fruit all by itself,
but must remain part of the vine,
neither can you unless you remain in me.
I am the vine,
you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me, with me in him,
bears fruit in plenty;
for cut off from me you can do nothing.
Anyone who does not remain in me
is like a branch that has been thrown away – he withers;
these branches are collected and thrown on the fire,
and they are burnt.
If you remain in me
and my words remain in you,
you may ask what you will
and you shall get it.
It is to the glory of my Father that you should bear much fruit,
and then you will be my disciples.’
Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.
(28-04-2024, 11:48 AM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 8 Let God's curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.

Mosleem  dare say our bible is forged
(28-04-2024, 12:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Mosleem  dare say our bible is forged

Christian Bible scholars told us that there are forgeries in the New Testament.
(28-04-2024, 11:48 AM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Galatians 1:8

Yes, Paul wrote that. Why did he say that? 

That is the question you should ask.
(28-04-2024, 12:33 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Christian Bible scholars told us that there are forgeries in the New Testament.

They lied so u can believe them.
(28-04-2024, 12:35 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]They lied so u can believe them.

Prove to me they lied.
(28-04-2024, 12:36 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Prove to me they lied.

Use your brain lah need to prove meh
(28-04-2024, 12:38 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Use your brain lah need to prove meh

Of course, must bring prove. You cannot say the Christians scholars are liars with no proof. Plus, the Bible you have in your hands came from the same Christian scholars who told us about the forgeries in your Bible.
(28-04-2024, 12:42 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, must bring prove. You cannot say the Christians scholars are liars with no proof. Plus, the Bible you have in your hands came from the same Christian scholars who told us about the forgeries in your Bible.
Those scholars came years after Christ how they know bible is  forged 
Use your brain lah
(28-04-2024, 12:44 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Those scholars came years after Christ how they know bible is  forged 
Use your brain lah

Easy. They found the Codex Sinaiticus and they have the Codex Vatanicus and when they compare them, they found many differences. What is found in the latter codex is not in the earlier codex. And when they studied the rest of the manuscripts, they found that it was added to the scriptures much later. Take 1 John 5:7 for example. It was added in the 14th century.

I can write a lot more on this but I don't want to do a wot.
(28-04-2024, 12:35 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Paul wrote that. Why did he say that? 

That is the question you should ask.

I don know what is in his head? Are you suggesting he is a liar? Big Grin
What is his motives then?

Btw is nikah halala still in practise in Sg or Indonesia? Smile
(28-04-2024, 12:49 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Easy. They found the Codex Sinaiticus and they have the Codex Vatanicus and when they compare them, they found many differences. What is found in the latter codex is not in the earlier codex. And when they studied the rest of the manuscripts, they found that it was added to the scriptures much later. Take 1 John 5:7 for example. It was added in the 14th century.

I can write a lot more on this but I don't want to do a wot.

Your Quran got muh healed the sick raised the dead?
Die for sinners?
(28-04-2024, 12:51 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]I don know what is in his head? Are you suggesting he is a liar? Big Grin
What is his motives then?

What Paul wrote to the people of Galatia gives us a glimpse of the situation at that time. Paul was teaching the people there that they don't have to follow the law but other teachers said the opposite. Who were these other teachers and where did they come from? Why did they opposed the teachings of Paul?
(28-04-2024, 12:51 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Btw is nikah halala still in practise in Sg or Indonesia? Smile

Dunno
(28-04-2024, 12:56 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno

Ali and hope have made me realize how thankful I am for Islam.... without it, I would not be able to confirm my faith in Christianity.  

Here is a bonus beedio for you my Muslim friends... 

(28-04-2024, 12:55 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Your Quran got muh healed the sick raised the dead?
Die for sinners?

For thousands of years, God has forgiven the sinners who repented, right up to the time of Jesus. 

Suddenly, after Jesus left, the picture changed drastically. God can no longer forgive sins without killing his own son.

How come?
(28-04-2024, 12:57 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Ali and hope have made me realize how thankful I am for Islam.... without it, I would not be able to confirm my faith in Christianity.  

A Hindu can also say the same thing, that he is thankful to Christianity for confirming his faith.
(28-04-2024, 12:57 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Ali and hope have made me realize how thankful I am for Islam.... without it, I would not be able to confirm my faith in Christianity.  

Siao eh
(28-04-2024, 01:00 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]For thousands of years, God has forgiven the sinners who repented, right up to the time of Jesus. 

Suddenly, after Jesus left, the picture changed drastically. God can no longer forgive sins without killing his own son.

How come?
How come yours can commit ons?
Under Christian believe it’s adultery
(28-04-2024, 01:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]A Hindu can also say the same thing, that he is thankful to Christianity for confirming his faith.

Yes! Then let a Hindu or a Buddhist come and speak for themselves! 

The miracle of Christianity is Jesus Christ....you don need to speak a particular language to hear abt Jesus...the miracle of Islam is not a person but the quran..the only way you can appreciate the book is by reading it in arabic..I think I emphasise many times..If you do not know how to speak or write Arabic.. there is no way to understand the verse fully..did your god say the only way to receive his clearest relevations is by learning Arabic?

You always bring out the inaccuracies in the bible,..say mark, John, Matthew, luke...they are perverted gospels...claimed by your so called Muslim scholars!....so where are the unperverted ones then???  Am I suppose to believe a revelation that came 500 yrs after Jesus? Big Grin and that book the quran is a better representation of the historic Jesus .... Rotfl is it way better than the Gospels written by eyes witnesses? Well I am sorry...if I want to study a historical person..I don go running to a guy who lived 500yrs after the fact! I go after the eye witnesses!
(28-04-2024, 01:36 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]How come yours can commit ons?
Under Christian believe it’s adultery

Who said can?

You believe that video sent by PinkPanther? Who made that video?
(28-04-2024, 01:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Yes! Then let a Hindu or a Buddhist come and speak for themselves! 

The miracle of Christianity is Jesus Christ....you don need to speak a particular language to hear abt Jesus...the miracle of Islam is not a person but the quran..the only way you can appreciate the book is by reading it in arabic..I think I emphasise many times..If you do not know how to speak or write Arabic.. there is no way to understand the verse fully..did your god say the only way to receive his clearest relevations is by learning Arabic?

The problem is, you do not know what Jesus actually said. You only have hearsay. You do not even know who were the people who told the authors of the Gospels that Jesus said those things you read in the NT. 

In this case, we are talking about the reliability of the NT. As for the Quran, we have the original language. For people like me, we don't have to go to Arabic school to know what God wants us to know. We can just refer to our many scholars who have studied Arabic and other fields of knowledge to tell us what God wants us to know.
(28-04-2024, 01:38 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]You always bring out the inaccuracies in the bible,..say mark, John, Matthew, luke...they are perverted gospels...claimed by your so called Muslim scholars!....so where are the unperverted ones then???  Am I suppose to believe a revelation that came 500 yrs after Jesus? Big Grin and that book the quran is a better representation of the historic Jesus .... Rotfl is it way better than the Gospels written by eyes witnesses? Well I am sorry...if I want to study a historical person..I don go running to a guy who lived 500yrs after the fact! I go after the eye witnesses!

I don't like that word, perverted. It has a negative connotation. If you must define the Gospels, you can use 'corrupted' instead. Bruce Metzger, a giant among the NT scholars who was a Christian, used the word 'corruption' to define the Gospels.

[Image: 51htYcWyNdL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg]
(28-04-2024, 01:44 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]Who said can?

You believe that video sent by PinkPanther? Who made that video?

Must be videoed according to your Quran
(28-04-2024, 12:55 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]What Paul wrote to the people of Galatia gives us a glimpse of the situation at that time. Paul was teaching the people there that they don't have to follow the law but other teachers said the opposite. Who were these other teachers and where did they come from? Why did they opposed the teachings of Paul?

Your muh lagi bagus taught how to commit adultery?
(28-04-2024, 01:58 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Must be videoed according to your Quran

If you want to talk about the Shariah, you must first know the law.
(28-04-2024, 02:01 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Your muh lagi bagus taught how to commit adultery?

In Brunei, they will punish fornicators with public caning. 

So who told you Islam allows adultery?
(28-04-2024, 02:02 PM)Ali Imran Wrote: [ -> ]In Brunei, they will punish fornicators with public caning. 

So who told you Islam allows adultery?

The video enough said
(28-04-2024, 02:04 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]The video enough said

Are you interested in the truth?

I'm sure you're not.