SG Talk

Full Version: Durian vendor "forced" me to buy 5 durians for $15...here is what happened..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 618jViG.jpeg]

He was selling 3 durians for $10.
In front of me were 2 elderly men who were in the queue.
The first man bargained and got 5 for $15 deal
The next man said he wanted the same deal.

When it cane to my turn I decided to buy 3 durians. Told the seller just wanted 3.

He quickly picked the 3 durians but did not stop. Added 2 more durians to the order. Then he dump the 5 durians into a big plastic bag.

I told him I wanted only 3 The durian seller stared at me and said he cannot allow himself to be unfair to me as he us a fair person and cannot give me a worse deal that the 2 other 2 customers.

I told him its just me and my mother ee cannot eat so many durians. He replied just "invite the neighbors" sure can finish.

Sensing he was not going to give way on this, I took the 5 durians and paid $15.

I passed the 2 durians to my immediate neighbor.

[Image: SZZvEPF.jpeg]
So cheap
That day saw ntuc selling $30 plus per packet
what is moral of this story ?

good to have generous and rich neighbour like Sgbuffet ?
(28-04-2024, 07:20 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]So cheap
That day saw ntuc selling $30 plus per packet

The durian vendor in NTUC selling too expensive. Hardly anyone buying.
So cheap good quality just give him lar
So you decided to take those pesticide durians that even insects also don’t eat one?
(28-04-2024, 08:28 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]So you decided to take those pesticide durians that even insects also don’t eat one?

By your fantastic logic one should be buying durians attacked by worms and insects.
AVA will test for pesticide residues and microbial contamination regularly, so eat once in a while is ok
(28-04-2024, 08:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]By your fantastic logic one should be buying durians attacked by worms and insects.
Last time you see durian seller their basket all the empty shells were full of flies and ants. Nowadays you hardly or don’t see this. Reason being, many plantation run by PRC. They only wants output. So spray pesticide Gao gao to protect the fruit. Honestly, now want to find a rotten durian really not easy.
(28-04-2024, 07:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 618jViG.jpeg]

He was selling 3 durians for $10.
In front of me were 2 elderly men who were in the queue.
The first man bargained and got 5 for $15 deal
The next man said he wanted the same deal.

When it cane to my turn I decided to buy 3 durians. Told the seller just wanted 3.

He quickly picked the 3 durians but did not stop. Added 2 more durians to the order. Then he dump the 5 durians into a big plastic bag.

I told him I wanted only 3  The durian seller stared at me and said he cannot allow himself to be unfair to me as he us a fair person and cannot give me a worse deal that the 2  other 2 customers.

I told him its just me and my mother ee cannot eat so many durians. He replied just "invite the neighbors" sure can finish.

Sensing he was not going to give way on this, I took the 5 durians and paid $15.

I passed the 2 durians to my immediate neighbor.

[Image: SZZvEPF.jpeg]

You don have a fridge at home ah? Cannot eat finish keep in the fridge....cold durains taste more delicious!
Looks delicious Big Grin
(28-04-2024, 07:23 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]what is moral of this story ?

good to have generous and rich neighbour like Sgbuffet ?

You bother to read SGbodoh's posting …..  Rotfl