SG Talk

Full Version: BYD Boss meets Xiaomi Boss @ Bejing Auto Show.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big Grin

Lei Jun praising his own product to his biggest rival is a totally bad idea.

Some people say I pour cold water on Xiaomi for coming reliability issues. I am only bringing up the facts. I am totally convinced Xiami makes great phones but not convinced it can compete well in car market ....it is dependent on state owned Beijing Auto ...not proven to be a world beater.
(28-04-2024, 08:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Lei Jun praising his own product to his biggest rival is a totally bad idea.
Some people say I pour cold water on Xiaomi for coming reliability issues. I am only bringing up the facts. I am totally convinced Xiami makes great phones but not convinced it can compete well in car market ....it is dependent on state owned Beijing Auto ...not proven to be a world beater.

LOL! Obviously sgbuffet has trouble understanding the conversation between the 2 CEOs in Mandarin nor appreciate the Chinese approaches in a very competitive business. Big Grin

From Chinese POV, to have your competitor's chief visit your booth and showing great interest in your product is a flattery itself. Lei Jun clearly was very welcoming to BYD's Mr Wang  showing great interest in Xiaomi's 1st EV ....listening attentively with a coffee in hand as Lei enthusiastically shared the SU7 tech info (Both are engineers by training)...
In fact, far from  "praising" his product, Lei gave credit to Telsa for setting high standard in the hypercasting of vehicle's rigidity in the final min of the video.
It is no surprise to see an uninformed sgbuffet  persist in his story telling when the world gets to see an interaction between the 2 Bosses which is non-confrontational nor pouring cold water on each other....
(28-04-2024, 09:08 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! Obviously sgbuffet has trouble understanding the conversation between the 2 CEOs in Mandarin nor appreciate the Chinese approaches in a very competitive business. Big Grin

From Chinese POV, to have your competitor's chief visit your booth and showing great interest in your product is a flattery itself. Lei Jun clearly was very welcoming to BYD's Mr Wang  showing great interest in Xiaomi's 1st EV ....listening attentively with a coffee in hand as Lei enthusiastically shared the SU7 tech info (Both are engineers by training)...
In fact, far from  "praising" his product, Lei gave credit to Telsa for setting high standard in the hypercasting of vehicle's rigidity in the final min of the video.
It is no surprise to see an uninformed sgbuffet  persist in his story telling when the world gets to see an interaction between the 2 Bosses which is non-confrontational nor pouring cold water on each other....

I doubt sgbutt even listened to the video and made up his cock and bull conclusion.   Laughing
why EV never explode rike TNT as the experts have said? Tongue

cannot be cannot be! Tongue
(28-04-2024, 10:57 PM)aiptasia Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt sgbutt even listened to the video and made up his cock and bull conclusion.   Laughing

It is obvious to any SGtalker that sgbuffet is neither knows the Chinese language nor appreciate Chinese thinking... Big Grin