SG Talk

Full Version: Pawnshop gold prices about the same when you sell or pawn your gold ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thinking of selling or pawning some gold jewellery (not gonna redeem)..............to pawnshop...............so the pricing is about the same ?

my place got ValueMax and MaxiCash.............i reckon if sell to them can get higher price ??

how to ask them ah - sell vs pawn ??............i never been to a pawnshop before leh...........
Seems u inherit a hdb flat n some gold?
The business makes money to pay salary and rental and costs of holding inventory by flattening items below value significantly. What same price ...
Nah, is not.
(29-04-2024, 04:19 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]thinking of selling or pawning some gold jewellery (not gonna redeem)..............to pawnshop...............so the pricing is about the same ?

my place got ValueMax and MaxiCash.............i reckon if sell to them can get higher price ??

how to ask them ah - sell vs pawn ??............i never been to a pawnshop before leh...........

Buy high sell back low.
(29-04-2024, 04:40 PM)red3 Wrote: [ -> ]The business makes money to pay salary and rental and costs of holding inventory by flattening items below value significantly. What same price ...

what i mean is different shops offer roughly same prices ?
(29-04-2024, 04:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Seems u inherit a hdb flat n some gold?

i where got so lucky.................inherited bad karma from my grandpa and my old man only lah.............

if rich, no need to ask about offloading gold jewellery liao lor..........
u will be suprised pawn shops make >5m a yr
(29-04-2024, 07:24 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]u will be suprised pawn shops make >5m a yr

if so, the boss won't get listed liao lah.....
(29-04-2024, 06:14 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]i where got so lucky.................inherited bad karma from my grandpa and my old man only lah.............

if rich, no need to ask about offloading gold jewellery liao lor..........

Why you so bad say your grandpa and your old man leh?
(29-04-2024, 04:19 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]thinking of selling or pawning some gold jewellery (not gonna redeem)..............to pawnshop...............so the pricing is about the same ?

You got a lot ah? If plenty can bargain for a good price. The standard deduction is 10 percent off from the gold value at market rate.    Big Grin
(29-04-2024, 09:12 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]You got a lot ah? If plenty can bargain for a good price. The standard deduction is 10 percent off from the gold value at market rate.    Big Grin

so at pawnshop.................sell or pawn also lose 10% so much ah ? Scream
Yours is what type of gold. Gold is so general. Do you mean bullion gold, or gold jewelry or ?? Thinking
(30-04-2024, 07:00 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]so at pawnshop.................sell or pawn also lose 10% so much ah ? Scream

They dun use sell or buy at pawn shop. They use only redeemed or unredeemed.  The 10 percent applies when you tell the valuer you will not redeemed.  

I think the reason they dun use buy or sell because they are not doing retail business and charging 10 percent could be illegal if you report to consumer watchdogs. Whereas if you dun redeemed, they apply a 10 percent penalty which is legally agreed by you when you pawned your gold jewellery.   Big Grin

Bro........sell......to.......me..........friendship.......price........... kym?
(30-04-2024, 07:34 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]Bro........sell......to.......me..........friendship.......price........... kym?

okay lah..........i sell you at spot price................i don't charge you 9% GST lah................ Big Grin

i also got one 24yo gold coin limited to 30,000 pieces.............normally it's 30% above spot price............i sell you 25% above can liao lah........ Thumbsup
(30-04-2024, 07:05 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Yours is what type of gold. Gold is so general. Do you mean bullion gold, or gold jewelry or ?? Thinking

jewellery lah..............like bracelet and necklace..........i also got a 1oz gold coin from year 2000 (33,000 united minted) but i don't think they'll offer more than the spot price..........

(30-04-2024, 07:30 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]They dun use sell or buy at pawn shop. They use only redeemed or unredeemed.  The 10 percent applies when you tell the valuer you will not redeemed.  

I think the reason they dun use buy or sell because they are not doing retail business and charging 10 percent could be illegal if you report to consumer watchdogs. Whereas if you dun redeemed, they apply a 10 percent penalty which is legally agreed by you when you pawned your gold jewellery.   Big Grin

many thanks, bro...............so you're saying if i DON'T tell them i NOT redeeming, i can get a higher price ??
(02-05-2024, 06:40 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]many thanks, bro...............so you're saying if i DON'T tell them i NOT redeeming, i can get a higher price ??

Just tell the valuer you want to pawn your items to maximum value. This is the hint that you dun intent to redeem and you will get the full value of your product minus the 10 percent.  Big Grin
think first jewellery give best price.

sell to man on the street collecting gold may get better price. especially if your gold ahs artistic value