SG Talk

Full Version: Oz offered 'urgent' $1,000 energy rebate biggest relief in history'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Aussies offered 'urgent' $1,000 energy rebate: 'Biggest cost-of-living relief package in history'
Queenslanders will receive the one-off, per-household payment from July 1.

Updated Thu, 2 May 2024 
The Queensland government has announced a multi-billion dollar initiative to give cost-of-living relief to thousands of residents. Those living in the Sunshine State will soon receive a per-household $1,000 energy rebate to ensure they don't have to pay their electricity bills for a whole quarter.

The $2.5 billion project has come to fruition thanks to coal royalties and will kick in from July 1. Premier Steven Miles said it will no doubt be welcome news to many households who have been struggling with power prices.

“We are delivering the biggest cost-of-living relief package in Queensland history to back Queenslanders in the fight against inflation,” Miles said."
https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/aussie...les%20said.
Maybe it's good for Singapore to also offer S$1000 energy rebate to every household.

Good to help the community..
Since January 2024, my electricity bill is $0. for 4 months.

Infact showing credit of A$82 in my favour.
The electricity power supplier told me all  covered by Govt rebates.

Where to find?