SG Talk

Full Version: General Erection. Posted here with permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Erm...I am talking about Indonesia...

And OUR FUTURE...

How come you go back to the past

and how did Malaysia come into YOUR PICTURE?

Come on...I am a PAP IB like you... 😊

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Reply to the above edmwer by Modiversal  Love

For the Singapore dollar to weaken and make us (poor) millionaires, something must go wrong with Singapore's economy, followed by adopting a bad policy, one that Indonesia did, of printing dollars to settle debts. (All Indonesians are millionaires but most of them are poor.)

I used Malaysia to make my point because I did not know if you were a jhk trying to mock Singapore, and who is only too happy to see us fail.  And Malaysia is a good exampurr to cite because from 2.50, the exchange rate went up to 3.51 in 20 years, which is about the time LHL was PM.  It could have gone up even more if it was not because MAS intervened.

It shows that LHL had managed Singapore well, otherwise the exchange could well have become RM 1 = SGD 1.50 or SGD 2.00.  A couple of years of bad leadership may not do too much harm, but LHL had 20 years which was more than enough time for him to screw the country up.

But Singapore did not crash.  Instead, we continued to be the envy of so many countries including Western countries.  LHL must have done something right for peepur to envy Singapore right.  He must have done a lot of things right for jhks to be both envious and jealous about Singapore's quality of life.

So my point was to assure you that we will not become (poor) millionaires because we had been well managed, and going forward, I have confidence in Lawrence Wong who is endorsed by PM Lee.....and dare I bet if Lawrence Wong was a bad choice, GCT would definitely speak up even though he had retired.  Singapore also owes GCT lots, and I am sure he will not let this country become a ghetto just because he is no longer responsible for its well-being.

But if you'd meant that we would all become (rich) millionaires, then that's a first worldwide.  We will be breaking a record, and making history.  Love