SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore’s burnout rate shows the price of success
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Singapore’s burnout rate shows the price of success

Singaporeans enjoy some of the highest living standards in Asia. But all of this has come at a price. It is also one of the most stressed-out societies.

Apr 30, 2024 – 2.41pm

"
https://www.afr.com/work-and-careers/wor...3%202.41pm
Because of the humid and very hot weather, the very crowded places and the uneventful cuntry, there is nothing to destressed and hang out. So the only way to occupy your time is work to your death.
Success? Success my foot lah. Become slaves to pay off hugh housing loans and sometimes credit card debts and car loan debts.

Tsk tsk tsk
Productivity is the only way to ensure a better quality of life in S'pore. However, since productivity is difficult to increase, our leaders have taken the easier path to economic growth to make S'pore a tax haven to wealthy foreigners. Our govt welcomes more than 12 investment funds every month to lure money away from other tax havens such as the Bahamas, Mauritius and the Cayman Islands. Now, locals are experiencing the dangerous consequences of such a policy.  
(04-05-2024, 12:14 PM)klat Wrote: [ -> ]Success? Success my foot lah. Become slaves to pay off hugh housing loans and sometimes credit card debts and car loan debts.

In 2017, there were 100 family offices (entities set up to invest funds from wealthy families from overseas) in S'pore. By 2022, the number of such family offices is an astounding 700!  The govt attracts such crony wealth by dangling privileges such as tax relief and a fast track to PR and citizenship all done under a cloak of secrecy.
cant be like Arsetralia selling resources for living...
When wealthy foreigners are invited into S'pore to become PRs and citizens, they purchase land, private homes and cars, driving up the prices of these much sought after possessions in our land scarce island. The result is that most true blue S'poreans have been priced out of the private property market and car ownership.
Foreign funds drive up land and housing prices as well as rental for businesses, which drives up the cost of living in S'pore.
(04-05-2024, 12:37 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]When wealthy foreigners are invited into S'pore to become PRs and citizens, they purchase land, private homes and cars, driving up the prices of these much sought after possessions in our land scarce island. The result is that most true blue S'poreans have been priced out of the private property market and car ownership.

If you govt you get to collect more taxes from the wealthy when they spend. As for true blue locals too bad lor beggars cannot be choosers lah. So vote wisely in upcoming elections. Btw one of them politician think locals are xia sway so still vote for him he guarding the old fort Tanjong Pagar would like to see it fall hehe
(04-05-2024, 12:42 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]If you govt you get to collect more taxes from the wealthy when they spend. As for true blue locals too bad lor beggars cannot be choosers lah. So vote wisely in upcoming elections. Btw one of them politician think locals are xia sway so still vote for him he guarding the old fort Tanjong Pagar would like to see it fall hehe

Our Govt is the highest paid in the world, but is bankrupt of ideas on how to increase productivity in SG. Their answer then is to invite wealthy foreigners to buy up freehold properties here by giving them PR and citizenship. These foreigners own land while 80% of S'poreans own only a lease for pigeon holes called HDB flats. We have been led down a dangerous path by our leaders. 
(04-05-2024, 12:52 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Our Govt is the highest paid in the world, but is bankrupt of ideas on how to increase productivity in SG. Their answer then is to invite wealthy foreigners to buy up freehold properties here by giving them PR and citizenship. These foreigners own land while 80% of S'poreans own only a lease for pigeon holes called HDB flats. We have been led down a dangerous path by our leaders. 

So which logo you vote? Ever since I can vote I never vote that lightning strike as I scared lightning strike me dead
"Singaporeans on the precipice of burnout
Data from the Asia Mental Health Index report, a joint study by Aon and Telus Health, tells a sobering story.

More than half of Singaporean workers (52 per cent) report that they are now more sensitive to stress compared to the previous year. This is a stark revelation of the heightened pressure many are experiencing in their daily lives.

The repercussions extend beyond individuals; it’s seeping into workplaces and will certainly affect the economy as a whole eventually. The research found that almost half of Singaporeans (43 per cent) openly admit that their mental health is negatively impacting their work productivity. It’s not an issue we can afford to ignore any longer. This is a wake-up call, not just for businesses, but for society as a whole."
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/working...0a%20whole.
(04-05-2024, 12:56 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]So which logo you vote? Ever since I can vote I never vote that lightning strike as I scared lightning strike me dead

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGZlymAtxm9-ep213HTZA...Y&usqp=CAU]
Stressful Singapore A&E ambulances and paramedics cannot handle more than 750 calls a day..
Must pak moar latest mRNA jab to keep healthy... Tongue

Act blur ish will mental problem due to cognitive dissonance yo lololololol... Tongue