SG Talk

Full Version: PHV driver complains that many Singapore drivers “refused to give way”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PHV driver complains that many Singapore drivers “refused to give way” when he “signals to change lanes”

https://theindependent.sg/phv-driver-com...nge-lanes/
If don't give way, then stay in own lane. 
Unless he is driving an ambulance., why should others give way to him.
Fake news is it, I noticed this website the story like they ownself think and write one.

Nevertheless be it real or fake , PHV is the one never give way rah. They rush to cheong for earnings drive fast, etc.
This phv driver know how to drive or not? He expect others to slow down and give way to him? He should either see there's no car or the car a distance away then change lane mah. If traffic jam usually people will give way for others to change lane.
Or he can go the dodo way of the Saab driver Laughing
(05-05-2024, 05:51 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Or he can go the dodo way of the Saab driver Laughing

This is completely tasteless lah. Why still want to rub it in? Spare thought for the family members of the victims lah.
(05-05-2024, 06:00 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]This is completely tasteless lah. Why still want to rub it in? Spare thought for the family members of the victims lah.

Harsh reality of life.  Just avoiding saying what had already happened isn’t going to make it simply go away.

What is more important is to learn from it. Hence do not go the way of the Saab driver Big Grin
Highway code stated that failure to give way for signalling vehicle is an offence. Lol It all boils down to how gracious one is and if you believe in paying it forward bah...
sillyporeans are the worst drivers in the world is not a fake
then whu=y u think the lawminister already mentioned thisbad driving atitiude  few yrs back
(05-05-2024, 04:18 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Fake news is it, I noticed this website the story like they ownself think and write one. Nevertheless be it real or fake , PHV is the one never give way rah. They rush to cheong for earnings drive fast, etc.

Many PHV drivers are former cabbies so it is hardly surprising that they are not the most patient or courteous people on the road. Others are disgruntled former white collar workers who are not happy doing such menial work. As such, do not engage PHV or taxi drivers when they refuse to give way to us.   
(05-05-2024, 08:19 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]sillyporeans are the worst drivers in the world is not a fake then whu=y u think the lawminister already mentioned thisbad driving atitiude  few yrs back

I have seen far more dangerous and violent drivers in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia etc.
(05-05-2024, 04:31 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]This phv driver know how to drive or not? He expect others to slow down and give way to him? He should either see there's no car or the car a distance away then change lane mah. If traffic jam usually people will give way for others to change lane.

As a daily user of the PIE to the office and back, I can testify that if I signal in advance before switching lanes, the driver behind will usually give way. Those who speed up or honk to prevent me from doing so are in the minority.
(05-05-2024, 06:00 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]This is completely tasteless lah. Why still want to rub it in? Spare thought for the family members of the victims lah.

I don't think that p1acebo wrote anything wrong. That Saab driver has been charged for dangerous driving resulting in 2 deaths. He has reaped what he sowed i.e. he is facing the dire consequences for manslaughter and faces considerable time behind bars. 
Fark those PHV drivers lah they think they rushing to make money and all other had to give way to them?

The govt should disallow PHV in SGP.
(05-05-2024, 04:18 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Fake news is it, I noticed this website the story like they ownself think and write one.

Nevertheless be it real or fake , PHV is the one never give way rah. They rush to cheong for earnings drive fast, etc.
And horrible taxi drivers don’t give way too. In the wrong somemore can horn.
(06-05-2024, 01:37 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]Fark those PHV drivers lah they think they rushing to make money and all other had to give way to them? The govt should disallow PHV in SGP.

There are almost 80,000 PHVs in SG which are competing for COEs with private car buyers. I would also prefer that our govt stops allowing PHVs to operate here. 
(06-05-2024, 01:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]There are almost 80,000 PHVs in SG which are competing for COEs with private car buyers. I would also prefer that our govt stops allowing PHVs to operate here. 
Then those got retrenched from eg:ST, Keppel and etc do what?
(06-05-2024, 02:24 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]Then those got retrenched from eg: ST, Keppel and etc do what?

These retrenched PMEs will then be motivated to search for other white collar jobs instead of settling for "no-brainer" work like driving a PHV.
changing lanes is a skill, no skill dun drive PHV le
(06-05-2024, 01:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]There are almost 80,000 PHVs in SG which are competing for COEs with private car buyers. I would also prefer that our govt stops allowing PHVs to operate here. 

knn suka suka price surge and a very short distance cost almost $30 vs China only approx $3.

BAN BAN BAN PHV in SGP.
(06-05-2024, 02:24 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote: [ -> ]Then those got retrenched from eg:ST, Keppel and etc do what?

they got retrenched becos behkan.
try to change lane early. there are people who cannot wait to go fast. will never give way.
there are also many kind soul that will give space for lane changed. just do the right and good things.
you give way for people, one day you will need people to give way to you.
let good goes around.
(06-05-2024, 02:57 PM)sclim Wrote: [ -> ]try to change lane early. there are people who cannot wait to go fast. will never give way.
there are also many kind soul that will give space for lane changed.  just do the right and good things.
you give way for people, one day you will need people to give way to you.
let good goes around.

pls tell this to those taxi unker and PHV beng.
your deal very expensive is people no want your business as one might have show bad behaviour previously like book cancel book cancel.
very rude to driver thinking they are slave to you. or maybe your pet hair drop all over the car and driver got to stop to clean up for hours. etc so people no want your business quote high high is to tell you to cancel. understand.
(06-05-2024, 02:59 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]pls tell this to those taxi unker and PHV beng.

there are always bad drivers. not jsut those making living.  some bad driver will honk you even if lane one is long q. and one jsut keep a longer space for safety. they thihk you give too much space for people to change lane in.
more serious is phv from malaysia. taking passegers in singaopre pickup and drop off locations.

maybe cheap cheap. you dare to take. no insurance cover and illegal if caught.
you think only driver affected? an illegal act means consumers also involved.

waiting for lta to wake up and do more prosecutions.
My ex-colleague is driving a PHV now, and claims that he is happier being his own boss because nobody tells him what to do these days. I had to interrupt him at that point to say: "Turn left 200 metres ahead, and please stop speeding".  LOL!