SG Talk

Full Version: You are a moron to invest baba or any China Tech stocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://thefi35.com/2021/12/05/the-hamme...source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-hammer-are-chinese-stocks-worth-investing-in

I was genuinely surprised by the amount of YouTubers, especially the Americans, who said how great an opportunity BABA was. I could not fathom why they were using American style valuations to judge.
Especially these morons.
It’s unbelievable the amount of bad advice I see being given freely, and the amount of people who follow blindly. But to each his own I guess.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Wow, so glad I got out of Chinese stocks a while ago. Back here, I said that the game had changed, and it seemed like things could get much worse. I was totally out of that market by Dec 2020.
Even so, I am still surprised by how much the Chinese government is willing to smash foreign investors. With little warning and a wave of their hand, they single-handedly destroyed an entire industry. Many of the Chinese education stocks are down 70% or so.
With such a drop, do Chinese stocks represent a good opportunity? Would I invest?
My answer is the same as before. Personally I wouldn’t. The government has shown a great disdain for investors, and investors’ rights will always take a back seat to domestic politics. Chinese education stocks could well go to zero.
And it could be a long time before the Chinese government decides to stop waving the stick. The fight is about control and data. Building a regulatory framework can take years. In the meantime, companies will not dare to grow and innovate.
If I were to invest, I would do so through a broad-based ETF, like the Tracker Fund of Hong Kong. Single stocks, especially those linked to Tech, are just too risky.
Small-cap stock ETFs may be a good bet. The Chinese government is trying to stop monopolies from being entrenched, and small competitors to the tech giants may stand a chance now. I’m staying out of it personally, but brave investors can try.
I also want to say don’t invest based on the size of the supposed market. So many people have been tricked by the simple idea that China is big so that equals profit. Countless investors have been burned by that notion. It takes a lot more than size for a good investment.
Instead, focus on investing based on the product. While China’s domestic market is huge, their champions such as Alibaba, Baidu and Didi wouldn’t stand a chance against their American counterparts. The only reason they have risen so far is the Chinese government’s protectionism, and they cannot compete outside of their domestic markets. And I think they will just fall further behind.
Stay in markets that treat their investors right.
Take care everyone!
He would be more credible if he wrote the article before the stock fell. Calling others "morons" after the fact is what Chinese call "horse back canon"

When BABA went from 100 to 300, I dont think people whine so much.

BABA is a risky stock as it is in the cross hair of China govt.

As for valuation, it is good by any measure.

If not for what the China govt is doing, I think many informed investors will take a bite.

Stock investment is a risky venture. Any stock you buy has risk of falling. There are countless "small mind" people who will suddenly emerge after a stock drop to claim they knew better and all the investors are fools. 

Just like a person business fail there will always be people to come out to critique all the mistakes after business fails. Business failure is an inherent part of risk taking that is why there is no text book you can just follow to be sure of success.

Similarly there is no text book you can read that ensure that every stock you buy makes money. If you know of one just show me.

Only financial course peddlers claim they have 100% method and can show you all their past successes....but they don't dare to ever pick on the future.
ah butt lost how much on baba so far?
(06-12-2021, 08:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]He would be more credible if he wrote the article before the stock fell. Calling others "morons" after the fact is what Chinese call "horse back canon"

If not for what the China govt is doing, I think many informed investors will take a bite.

Stock investment is a risky venture. Any stock you buy has risk of falling. There are countless "small mind" people who will suddenly emerge after a stock drop to claim they knew better and all the investors are fools. 

Just like a person business fail there will always be people to come out to critique all the mistakes after business fails. Business failure is an inherent part of risk taking that is why there is no text book you can just follow to be sure of success.

Similarly there is no text book you can read that ensure that every stock you buy makes money. If you know of one just show me.

Only financial course peddlers claim they have 100% method and can show you all their past successes....but they don't dare to ever pick on the future.

He wrote in middle of the year warning people on investing in China tech stocks.. Basically,  u can't invest in country that is run by gangster govt that was no understanding of a capital market.
(06-12-2021, 08:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]He would be more credible if he wrote the article before the stock fell. Calling others "morons" after the fact is what Chinese call "horse back canon"

How much have you lost so far on BABA?
(06-12-2021, 09:01 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote: [ -> ]He wrote in middle of the year warning people on investing in China tech stocks.. Basically,  u can't invest in country that is run by gangster govt that was no understanding of a capital market.

You say this 10yrs ago and miss out on some of the best companies in the world.

It's a blanket statement. Like saying you should not investing US the biggest debtor nation in the world.

Or that you should not invest in India as it is a disorganised messy country ...if you listen you will miss the best market of last 30yrs.
(06-12-2021, 09:01 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote: [ -> ]He wrote in middle of the year warning people on investing in China tech stocks.. Basically,  u can't invest in country that is run by gangster govt that was no understanding of a capital market.

How would u run China?

Western style??
(06-12-2021, 09:06 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]How much have you lost so far on BABA?

It is 2% of my total investments. Loss is 20%. So it contributed 0.4% loss to overall portfolio.

I expect this loss to go up in short term.

But I will be looking for more opportunities on the China tech side as there is a bloodbath there...
(06-12-2021, 09:09 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]How would u run China?

Western style??

no lah! doggie style lah!
(06-12-2021, 09:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It is 2% of my total investments. Loss is 20%. So it contributed 0.4% loss to overall portfolio.

Already warned you b4...  crying
I think you never see my post.
Ah Xi is 当今雍正。 Rotfl
HK property is also going to crash soon. In my opinion....

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/china/sto...07-1200847
0.4% is a very small amount, no need to woory too much
(06-12-2021, 09:10 AM)lionkingch55 Wrote: [ -> ]no lah! doggie style lah!

No wonder u behave like a loyal lapdog  Clapping
Market is correcting down.
Better run.
I have already warned b4...
Dont be the last one to run. crying
(06-12-2021, 09:11 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Already warned you b4...  crying
I think you never see my post.

There is always a reason NOT to invest in China stocks.....so if you look at the negative you will never buy. But China markets have had 200% rallies  300% rallies and a long term uptrend.

I have not checked specifically but I am either still positive overall for my China stocks or slightly negative.

I am not concerned as all this is part of investing.

In last 10 yrs China stoxks has been going up....with corrections...every correction people will KPKB say its the end of the world.

Maybe this time they are right....but they can also be wrong.

[Image: JkNVi5o.jpg]
(06-12-2021, 09:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]There is always a reason NOT to invest in China stocks.....so if you look at the negative you will never buy. But China markets have had 200% rallies  300% rallies and a long term uptrend.

I have not checked specifically but I am either still positive overall for my China stocks or slightly negative.

I am not concerned as all this is part of investing.

In last 10 yrs China stoxks has been going up....with corrections...every correction people will KPKB say its the end of the world.

Maybe this time they are right....but they can also be wrong.

[Image: JkNVi5o.jpg]

Agree.
But currently China is at Major 2 wave in my opinion. The plunge still havent started yet....
Probably is Bank collapsing... but look like Ah Xi is resolving right now. Let see how it goes.
Major 3 still not so soon pick up.
It is always hard to predict and bet on the counters. Most people look to short period within their life time. Some look to bigger market because it is harder to be controlled.
(06-12-2021, 09:12 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Ah Xi is 当今雍正。 Rotfl

Every private enterprise in China is gg to crash when you have moron Xi running China.
Actually I had no intention of buying any more BABA after my 3 purchases. But the negativity surrounding the stocks is so high and many smart alecs have come in to say SELL......

Oh what the heck. I purchased one more.
Anyway don't follow me as I can be wrong ...but also can be right my risk is managed through position sizing.

Well that is skin in the game...too many just talk talk talk....horse back cannons. 

Here js the buy order:
[Image: UODO9e4.jpg]

People can talk stocks all day without putting in a cent...and have plenty of selected stories later....like how they knew tesla and amazon were going up etc ...but they didn't even buy a single share.
$110 is very cheap. Due to other commitments, I have to redeploy to another area. Else I will buy.

Some US listed Chinese companies maybe forced to relocate to HK in the future by either the former or the latter.
(06-12-2021, 09:48 AM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]$110 is very cheap. Due to other commitments, I have to redeploy to another area. Else I will buy.

Some US listed Chinese companies maybe forced to relocate to HK in the future by either the former or the latter.

Those companies with dual listing are fungible and can be converted from US to HK shares by filling ul a request form.

The main reason for the selling is some funds are only allowed to hold US listing. But companies are given 3 years before delisting ....

All the above are already known.

What trigger selling is the decision of Didi to delist which is sudden.

There are 270 China companies in US worth $2T.

For those that are holding a lot of data and have dealings with China govt they are unlikely to maintain US listing as they cannot comply to 2 sets of regulation ...most of these companies have foreseen this and went to have listing in HK

But all this disagreement ihas more to do with politics and trade war. The US side is fearful of another Luckin coffer and Chuna is fearful to give data to US.  But most of the big tech are already audited by big firms like PWC so what is the real issue.
[Image: 20211206-132043.jpg]

in nov, several ta experts shouted bullish inverse h&s patterns for baba. it's a wrong call and those who followed kena burnt
(06-12-2021, 09:12 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Ah Xi is 当今雍正。 Rotfl

THE INDIAN BOY SAYS 10/12/21 PROPERTY IN BAD SHAPE
IS V V EASY TO INVEST IN CHINA MARKET N MAKE MONEY :
JUST DO OPP OF WHAT TH N GIC DOES.
WHICH OF THOSE CO THESE 2 INVESTED MAKE  N HOW MUCH AS COMPARED TO THE BIG LOSSESS
(06-12-2021, 09:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I had no intention of buying any more BABA after my 3 purchases. But the negativity surrounding the stocks is so high and many smart alecs have come in to say SELL......

Anyway don't follow me as I can be wrong ...but also can be right my risk is managed through position sizing.

Well that is skin in the game...too many just talk talk talk....horse back cannons. 

Here js the buy order:

People can talk stocks all day without putting in a cent...and have plenty of selected stories later....like how they knew tesla and amazon were going up etc ...but they didn't even buy a single share.

Not a fan of Adam Khoo...but he explains the idea behind Alibaba as an investment well...

When investing understand the risks and that what you buy can go down in the short term...for a sorts of reasons.

Alibaba is a risky investment and there is a way to manage the risk. Selling the stocks because the stock price fell is not the correct way to handle an investment risk. For day trading and swing trading short term moves matter ...you should know the difference before you take a position.

https://youtu.be/puFG30oQvDc?t=13m20s
(06-12-2021, 09:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I had no intention of buying any more BABA after my 3 purchases. But the negativity surrounding the stocks is so high and many smart alecs have come in to say SELL......

Here js the buy order:

Up 6% 

[Image: hyCkNrh.jpg]

I really tried my best to understand what the Friday selloff is about..
It seems that investors are spooked by either US regulators or China regulator wanting to force Alibaba to delist...or both want Alibaba to delist.

So?

Even is Alibaba cannot find its way out of the regulatory jungle to actual delisting is 3 yrs from now...

There are 270 China companies in US with value of $2T even if China want them back they cannot absorb all these companies. ..within a short period. These listings took 20yrs to build up on the US exchange.

The access to US market has been highly beneficial to China's economy being able to use the money to build its booming tech sector. It is strange to think China does not want its company to access overseas market anymore.

The US regulation to be able to audit China companies is reasonable....just look at the scandals we had for S chips.

Many China companies are already audited by internationally recognised firms e.g. Alibaba is audited by PWC. The audit report can be used to meet the new US regulation. The Chinese govt can redact any data that is sensitive...

I don't think it Is an unsurmoutable hurdle as described by the media ....their interpretation generated unnecessary panic by dramatising the issue.

Here js the buy order:

I purchased Aliibaba yesterday  in the midst of all the doom and gloom...ballyhoo  ...

My trade posted as seen above ...real money not talk only.

Here is what happened today.
Up 15%. Even it it didn't go up I would be happy to own and hold it over the long term.

[Image: FT1FiuZ.jpg]

Here js the buy order:

Despite all the negativity and doom saying.

Stock went up not down.

[Image: aBGvTib.jpg]

Here js the buy order:

Since the day people are called others moron for investimg in chna this is what...happened to baba stxok.

While on hind sight I wished I purchased more at $110, it shouldn't matter that much if you bought at $150 or $110. Most important thing is to be invested at a low price.

[Image: y6AMUbR.jpg]

Here js the buy order:

After morons bought....

[Image: CszUdPT.jpg]
Pages: 1 2