SG Talk

Full Version: Testing: 2 TB HD to 1 TB SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Testing: 2 TB HD to 1 TB SSD. It shouldn't be the case but try to see the result.
(18-05-2024, 02:34 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Testing: 2 TB HD to 1 TB SSD. It shouldn't be the case but try to see the result.

2 TB HD is now more expensive than 1 TB SSD

KUMGONG
For a used SSD: SSD health at 99% is normal. This is only a measured countdown to warranty endurance. 

SSD health drops because the storage cells in a solid-state device wear out during each write operation, and each cell can only withstand a limited number of overwrites.
(18-05-2024, 02:34 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Testing: 2 TB HD to 1 TB SSD. It shouldn't be the case but try to see the result.

you mean clone 2TB HD to 1TB SSD ?

can be done if the data is less than 1TB............
(18-05-2024, 04:34 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]you mean clone 2TB HD to 1TB SSD ?

Formatting the SSD.  The SSD is fast and the HD can be used as the spare if possible. The 2 TB SSD is still very expensive so did not buy.
(18-05-2024, 04:34 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]you mean clone 2TB HD to 1TB SSD ?

Yes! I have a feeling it is possible.
(18-05-2024, 03:06 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]2 TB HD is now more expensive than 1 TB SSD

KUMGONG

HDD less reliable mah...........
Looks like cannot, blinking light. Anyway will leave it there while I come back tonight.

Will buy the 2 TB SSD once the price is down. 1 TB bought at $50 plus.
2TB nvme is 30% cheaper than 2TB SATA SSD
(18-05-2024, 04:42 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Formatting the SSD.  The SSD is fast and the HD can be used as the spare if possible. The 2 TB SSD is still very expensive so did not buy.

SSD prices went back up a lot from 2023..............last year i bought one Crucial MX500 (1 TB) for around $70 on sale at Shopee.................now over $100 leh.......... crying
(18-05-2024, 05:23 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like cannot, blinking light. Anyway will leave it there while I come back tonight.

Will buy the 2 TB SSD once the price is down. 1 TB bought at $50 plus.

1 TB SATA SSD for 50-plus ??!!..............what brand and model ?..................buy from where ??............the cheapest decent one i found is Kioxia Exceria for 70+ leh............

(18-05-2024, 05:48 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]2TB nvme is 30% cheaper than 2TB SATA SSD

huh ??!!...........counterfeit maybe or unknown brand ??
(18-05-2024, 09:11 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]1 TB SATA SSD for 50-plus ??!!..............what brand and model ?..................buy from where ??............the cheapest decent one i found is Kioxia Exceria for 70+ leh............

huh ??!!...........counterfeit maybe or unknown brand ??

That day I posted in this forum. Now, the price went back up again to $60-$70. Xraydisk. Hope 2 TB SSD lower price will come out soon. Need it for 2 sets of computers. I made an error to use 2 TB HDD last time.
(18-05-2024, 11:48 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]That day I posted in this forum. Now, the price went back up again to $60-$70. Xraydisk. Hope 2 TB SSD lower price will come out soon. Need it for 2 sets of computers. I made an error to use 2 TB HDD last time.

Xraydisk ??............China brand ?...........at about $70 - go for Kioxia Exceria 960GB better lah.............
If you’re using NVMe SSDs, better download crystal diskinfo to check SSD health.
NVMe SSD has poor read write cycle.
Good lobang for everyone.
There is free PDF editor called pdf gear. Go and download.
I still prefer SSD the boot up speed is fast
(19-05-2024, 09:43 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Good lobang for everyone.
There is free PDF editor called pdf gear. Go and download.

Will it contain any viruses?
(19-05-2024, 09:46 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Will it contain any viruses?

No.
Very good pdf editor, support many formats