SG Talk

Full Version: The average cost of a plate of chicken rice was $4.15 in 2023, up from $3.40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The average cost of a plate of chicken rice was $4.15 in 2023, up from $3.40 in 2019, a new study found.

Hawker food prices rose by 6.1% last year but some cost pressures, such as the price of raw food ingredients, are easing. https://str.sg/kmiG
3.40 to 4.15 is 20+% increase. How did they calculate 6% inflation?

The bigger the base, the smaller the inflation increase will look. Chicken rice of coz use the Michelin price base of the dunnoe what Shangri la brand ...
(26-05-2024, 10:41 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]3.40 to 4.15 is 20+% increase. How did they calculate 6% inflation?

You still believe their crap report. 
Data won’t lie.
(26-05-2024, 10:41 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]3.40 to 4.15 is 20+% increase. How did they calculate 6% inflation?

Just change the ratio of component of inflation.
Dollar is getting worthless.
Seldom eat chicken rice

Our Govt sneakily excludes accommodation and private transport costs to "better represent the expenses" of S'porean households when calculating core inflation!
If chicken rice is too expensive, order steamed red grouper will do.

Didn’t some macik say fish is cheaper than chicken?
(26-05-2024, 09:55 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]The average cost of a plate of chicken rice was $4.15 in 2023, up from $3.40 in 2019, a new study found. Hawker food prices rose by 6.1% last year but some cost pressures, such as the price of raw food ingredients, are easing. https://str.sg/kmiG

Apart from the sharp price increase, the portions keep getting smaller, the chicken keeps getting flattened more by the hawker's cleaver and the cucumbers keep propping up the meat on top for volume.  
chicken rice use.to.be cheap. now so ex. not worth. eat other liao.
(27-05-2024, 08:22 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]If chicken rice is too expensive, order steamed red grouper will do. Didn’t some macik say fish is cheaper than chicken?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4qRE_yGNAF5e7tb0ztu8...Q&usqp=CAU]
(27-05-2024, 11:52 AM)jus4lucky Wrote: [ -> ]chicken rice use.to.be cheap. now so ex. not worth. eat other liao.

There are many chicken rice recipes available online that are easy to follow. My family has been producing cheaper and healthier versions at home for years. 
(27-05-2024, 12:06 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]There are many chicken rice recipes available online that are easy to follow. My family has been producing cheaper and healthier versions at home for years. 

Is it true that chewhu fresh free range chickens taste better than sg frozen ones?
(27-05-2024, 01:01 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Is it true that chewhu fresh free range chickens taste better than sg frozen ones?

Why do you ask me? I am born in KKH, S'pore even though my parents emigrated from Malaysia.
(27-05-2024, 01:03 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you ask me? I am born in KKH, S'pore even though my parents emigrated from Malaysia.

They rushed to kkh to give birth? And never brought you back to ipoh or cecamart for a day?
(27-05-2024, 01:12 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]They rushed to kkh to give birth? And never brought you back to ipoh or cecamart for a day?

My parents brought me to Ipoh on many occasions for their famed hor fun, chicken and beansprouts. 
Might as well buy whole ntuc chicken boil n eat till u song.
Only $10 plus per chicken can eat by whole family.
(27-05-2024, 01:14 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ]My parents brought me to Ipoh on many occasions for their famed hor fun, chicken and beansprouts. 

Sounds like a nice and cheap place for retirement
(27-05-2024, 01:34 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a nice and cheap place for retirement

Ipoh is a sleepy town, but my parents were not from there even though I have a cousin who retired there with his wife after working for decades in S'pore.
(27-05-2024, 12:02 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote: [ -> ][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4qRE_yGNAF5e7tb0ztu8...Q&usqp=CAU]

Confirms plus chop she never go market.

Everyday eat free meals prepared by Istana chef.