SG Talk

Full Version: Stock on sgx that gave out 100% of its stock price in dividends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stock is 8cts and gave out 8cts inn dividends in 2yrs.
If you bought the stock when it was hovering at 4.5cts before change of management you gotten a total return of 250%.

The lesson here is investing in cyclical stocks that are later see upturn can be highly profitable.

In the current period we see peculiarities of a desynchronized cycles. You have upturn in some and downtown in others at the same time.

Those that are down or just off the bottom are in hospitality related, travel related due to covid. Energy. FB, ....are good places to get in before it swings up.

[Image: IMG-20211211-050517-912.jpg]
Sgbuffett; anymore such stock ? SMM will not give dividend for a foreseeable time.
(11-12-2021, 06:02 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Sgbuffett; anymore such stock ? SMM will not give dividend for a foreseeable time.

I recommended FSL, APTVT and HPH in the old forum all after their price collapsed and before they recovered.

I am still analysing the tourism hospitality and FB space...some of the companies were not even doing well before covid so the are out. I am looking at those who did well before covid now temparily down. I narrowed down to SATS and Straco. SATS is good but not attractively priced. This leaves Straco.

For Straco the results is likely to be bad when announced this will cause investors to sell allowing me to buy at lower price.

Just to be clear I have not bought just waiting.