SG Talk

Full Version: Students essay competition: Why SG should not close ExxonMobil and Shell refineries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Propose SG students essay competition : 

Why Singapore should not close both ExxonMobil and Shell refineries.

And yet, able to achieve zero carbon emission
(15-12-2021, 07:25 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Propose SG students essay competition : 

Why Singapore should not close both ExxonMobil and Shell refineries.

And yet, able to achieve zero carbon emission

Something that our govt afraid to discuss publicly
I think the clear answer is a part of our economy and jobs are linked with oil and oil refinery business.

Because of this they will not eliminate fossil fuel related businesses and all will keep going and be phased out slowly.

If you are working at jurong island and need the job, you won't want the govt to shut everything down.
What about SRC?
(15-12-2021, 08:41 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]What about SRC?

Maybe just cut production by ,90% and keep 10% production that could be the solution.

Win win
(15-12-2021, 08:38 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I think the clear answer is a part of our economy and jobs are linked with oil and oil refinery business.

Because of this they will not eliminate fossil fuel related businesses and all will keep going and be phased out slowly.

If you are working at jurong island and need the job, you won't want the govt to shut everything down.

It's a ticking time bomb
This is a good idea because students have a unique take on all circumstances. I am sure that they can make many good arguments for not shutting down refineries.
I stumbled upon this thread and couldn't resist chiming in! The idea of a student essay competition on why Singapore should keep ExxonMobil and Shell refineries open while striving for zero carbon emissions is truly thought-provoking. It's a delicate balance between economic growth and environmental sustainability, isn't it?
Well, a competition like this could ignite some fascinating discussions on this complex issue. The essays could shed light on the potential impact on jobs, the local economy, and the global climate. It's inspiring to think about the fresh perspectives that students could bring to the table. Also, if anyone needs a hand with structuring their essay or refining their arguments, I recently found a reliable writing service that might come in handy. They can help you express your thoughts clearly in written form, which is crucial for essays.
Is Singapore unemployment rate high ?....how many staff each refinery have ? their sub-con and supporting vendors? ...
Close and free up the land for bto... A truely unique living experience for all to rejoice on Jurong island