SG Talk

Full Version: SG athletes should be held accountable, but line drawn at 'malicious' criticism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Singapore’s athletes at the Olympic Games have a responsibility to be held accountable for their performances but there is a limit when it comes to criticism of their efforts, said Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Edwin Tong on Monday (Aug 2).

.........When asked about Singaporean swimmer Joseph Schooling, who failed to make the semi-finals of the 100m butterfly five years after he won gold at the Rio Olympics, Mr Tong said it was important to give “some space”.

“His results were disappointing, I think he'll be the first to admit it, but at the same time I think let's not overthink it as well and not over comment, I would say, let's give that some space,” he noted.

“Let him think about what he wants to do. And I'm sure that between him, his family, his coach, the NSA (national sport association), they will work out a path forward.”

All of Singapore’s swimmers — Schooling, Quah Ting Wen and Quah Zheng Wen — did not advance to the semi-finals of their events, with no personal bests set.

And Mr Tong noted that it has been a “tough” Olympics for them.

https://tinyurl.com/2vvswvdj
All these cheese pie, so clever go swim and run yourselves lor .... IPPT already have problem wanna complain others
Yah one needs to uphold an accountability for what they r being tasked @ they aso need to perform to their best ... not just athletes? Cool