SG Talk

Full Version: Credit Card Fraudulent Transactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just received my Credit Card Statement
On running thru' the transactions, I discovered two fraudent transactions of small amounts- a debit and credit entries -Details of the transaction -INKFROG.COM U.S DOLLAR 11.00

I have not made any transaction or payment online via Credit Card. How the hell did they got hold of my Credit Card Number.

I have reported these fraudulent transactions to the Credit Card department and they will block this card and give a new card replacement.

I noticed the transaction amount is small and involved a debit (15.46) and credit (14.42) entries for the S$ equi. transaction amt of U.S dollars 11.00.

I think this fraudster is trying to test whether the cardholder check their statement and report to the bank concerned any fraudulent transactions and have the card terminated. If the credit card remained operative, next fraud will be in larger amount. 

My advice to all credit card holder to check the transaction entries upon receipt of their statement.
In my case, two transactions amounted to more than a thousand dollars done in Israel!

Another time small amount done in the US!
My case was card already cancelled still got strange transaction. Rotfl

The bugger waiting to get caught.
My case, card already not in used for more than 1 year. Early morning suddenly received the sms. Called the bank to cancelled it. Likely, that books shop website was hacked.
(21-12-2021, 12:35 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]My case, card already not in used for more than 1 year. Early morning suddenly received the sms. Called the bank to cancelled it. Likely, that books shop website was hacked.

The scammers comes in all shape and sizes.....the will test water to see whether to card holder is vigilant or not, if not then fraught will be more...... Angry