SG Talk

Full Version: Man jumps out of window in Yishun to escape fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ang Qing
PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - A man in his 30s leapt out of his second-storey flat in Yishun to escape a fire on Sunday afternoon (Dec 19).

A cleaner from Bangladesh, Mr Hamid, who goes by one name, told The Straits Times he had tried to break the man's fall with a discarded sofa after hearing him cry for help.

"I saw him dangling outside the window so I tried to do whatever I could to help him," said the 34-year-old.

"But by the time the sofa had been moved, he had fallen to the ground."

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said a person with injuries was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

The SCDF was alerted to the fire, which involved the contents of a kitchen, at Block 512A Yishun Street 51 at about 1.50pm.

Rest of the report plus video and photos at: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/m...scape-fire
(21-12-2021, 07:13 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Ang Qing
PUBLISHED 9 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - A man in his 30s leapt out of his second-storey flat in Yishun to escape a fire on Sunday afternoon (Dec 19).

A cleaner from Bangladesh, Mr Hamid, who goes by one name, told The Straits Times he had tried to break the man's fall with a discarded sofa after hearing him cry for help.

"I saw him dangling outside the window so I tried to do whatever I could to help him," said the 34-year-old.

"But by the time the sofa had been moved, he had fallen to the ground."

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said a person with injuries was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

The SCDF was alerted to the fire, which involved the contents of a kitchen, at Block 512A Yishun Street 51 at about 1.50pm.

Rest of the report plus video and photos at: https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/m...scape-fire

2nd storey,
he can jump with own sofa Rolleyes
Next time buy a safety rope at home.
Then no need to jump
he never play see saw in his young days? 2nd storey also can injure ?
(21-12-2021, 07:31 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote: [ -> ]2nd storey,
he can jump with own sofa Rolleyes

Good thinking.
(21-12-2021, 07:39 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Next time buy a safety rope at home.
Then no need to jump

Two storey no need safety rope.....just jump and land on hands and legs can liao..... Clapping
(21-12-2021, 11:25 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Two storey no need safety rope.....just jump and land on hands and legs can liao..... Clapping
It can be very fatal if you landed wrongly.
Why didn’t he go out through the front door?