SG Talk

Full Version: where to donate UNUSED contact lenses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my power changed and i have around 25 pieces of Cooper vision 1 DAY lenses
power 225
Put it up on Carousell, state that it's FOC and tell whoever wants it, it's first come first served, please contact you early for an appointment to collect...

Another way is to donate it to Salvation Army but make sure you pack it nicely. Their Collection Point seems messy....and you risk having expensive items being tossed or thrown about like it's an old Barbie doll .

A third way is a direct donation to foreigners in lowly paid jobs. Am sure you know where to find them.....
(21-12-2021, 01:47 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]my power changed and i have around 25 pieces of Cooper vision 1 DAY lenses
power 225

Mdm,

Best place to put is in Carousell as a free item
yeah can but was hoping there is some organization accepting

coz you CAN donate used spectacles

just such a hassle dealing wth carousel peeps
also i give free
never know if the receiver will resell
throw away
don't harm people eye
Not any Tom Dick, and Harry use contact lenses leh. Doubt that those regular users are skinflints.
(21-12-2021, 02:21 PM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]throw away
don't harm people eye
harm what BS when its unused ?
(21-12-2021, 03:04 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]harm what BS when its unused ?

But first you need to tell what degree of power is the contact lens.... Big Grin
(21-12-2021, 03:06 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]But first you need to tell what degree of power is the contact lens.... Big Grin

you need glasses to read properly?
(21-12-2021, 01:57 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Put it up on Carousell, state that it's FOC and tell whoever wants it, it's first come first served, please contact you early for an appointment to collect...

Another way is to donate it to Salvation Army but make sure you pack it nicely.  Their Collection Point seems messy....and you risk having expensive items being tossed or thrown about like it's an old Barbie doll .

A third way is a direct donation to foreigners in lowly paid jobs.  Am sure you know where to find them.....

salvation army - GOOD idea. thanks!
(21-12-2021, 03:34 PM)wendychan Wrote: [ -> ]you need glasses to read properly?

Sis Wendy need not search further for donee. Rotfl
I have just thrown away a few boxes not long ago coz it's already over the expiry date. Hardly wear nowadays.