SG Talk

Full Version: 250,000 S'pore.families enjoy free vouchers after bus fare hike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good deeds by a caring govt
Clapping  Clapping  Clapping

After a bout of colon cancer wiped his savings and Central Provident Fund clean, finances have been tight as Mr Lee, who shares a rental flat in Pasir Ris with another tenant, has to pay for rent and utilities.

So he was relieved when he got a letter in his mailbox several days ago notifying him of a $30 public transport voucher that he can redeem from Tuesday (Dec 28).

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...-on-dec-26
This year they get food voucher; transport voucher and grocery voucher and also $300 cash did they didn't vote for the govt during GE ?
1. How to redeem?
2. How come I feel this is like an up sell tactic / gimmick for essential services?
The more I take from them the more worry I am. That the feeling now.
(27-12-2021, 08:11 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]The more I take from them the more worry I am. That the feeling now.

I share the same feeling too....don't know when we are supposed to return a whole chicken.... crying
Have no feeling that we take it.
(27-12-2021, 08:11 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]The more I take from them the more worry I am. That the feeling now.
Funds belong to our Nation and every citizens. It does not belong to the ruling party. We deserved it afterall. I considered they are only trustees to these funds.
(27-12-2021, 09:20 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Funds belong to our Nation and every citizens. It does not belong to the ruling party. We deserved it afterall. I considered they are only trustees to these funds.

Well said, the PAP govt. does not own any funds, cos it belongs to the state, they are only trustees of these funds.  Therefore they should not anyhow spend the money in the kitty............ Angry Laughing
(27-12-2021, 09:24 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Well said, the PAP govt. does not own any funds, cos it belongs to the state, they are only trustees of these funds.  Therefore they should not anyhow spend the money in the kitty............ Angry Laughing

Don't worry. They stretch out the left hand and offer their little pinky finger. In return they will take your whole right hand and return it to the state's coffer. Clapping
Quote:After a bout of colon cancer wiped his savings and Central Provident Fund clean, finances have been tight as Mr Lee, who shares a rental flat in Pasir Ris with another tenant, has to pay for rent and utilities.

So he was relieved when he got a letter in his mailbox several days ago notifying him of a $30 public transport voucher that he can redeem from Tuesday (Dec 28).

Did anyone read the article posted esp the part i quoted.

The poor man's CPF was wiped out by illness.
Medical care is very expensive in Singapore esp for those who cannot afford the insurance.
Eh, how cu.m I didn’t get?
If SG is well run, we shouldn't have more people relying on the govt payouts...

It's actually a worrying sign yet people celebrate this?
When LKY handed over the administration, there were only less than 20k on the social welfare?

Now it's more than 250k?

Not scary?
(27-12-2021, 11:32 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]When LKY handed over the administration, there were only less than 20k on the social welfare?

Now it's more than 250k?

Not scary?

Useless sonny

(27-12-2021, 11:32 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]When LKY handed over the administration, there were only less than 20k on the social welfare?

Now it's more than 250k?

Not scary?

Poverty keeps rising in Singapore as income gap and cost of living  rises.

More people are in category of working poor and are supported by workfate

I don't expect the problem of rising poverty to get better as nothing much is done to improve the situation.

Look at A&E cost ...my neighbor fell an twist his hand  on Christmas. I had to take him to see A&E as his son  was stuck  Indonesia bill was $132. Doctor took Xray and said no fracture...a few yrs back $90....increased by more than 45%.